If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Maggiedoll!

Options
Maggiedoll
Maggiedoll Scope Member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello everyone.

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good Morning @Maggiedoll and welcome to our great group.
    I hope you are well this Friday morning.
    We have lots going on from threads/chats/debates/games/arts or you can ask your own question.
    When your ready have a look around the site, any problems just ask, some one is bound to be on line.
  • Maggiedoll
    Options
    Thank you. I've just realised. I'm based in Scotland so would I still be able to get advice under Scottish law. Sorry if I'm wasting your time.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Don't be sorry about any thing on our forum @Maggiedoll were a great, friendly bunch here., doesn't matter were your from honestly.
    I am sure i have seen advice given here on Scottish things, If you ask your question in a new thread one of our experts will pick up on it.  Any problems finding out how to do this just ask here.
  • Maggiedoll
    Options
    Thank you. I had my pip assessment 3 weeks ago. Received 2 texts saying they have all all the information that they need. Also received letter saying the same thing. Do you get a text or letter if your claim is successful. I am so stressed with waiting.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The rules for PIP are the same nationally, regardless of where you live. The texts you received are standard texts and i always think they are rather a waste of time. A decision can still take up to 12 weeks. If successful they do usually text you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Maggiedoll
    Options
    Thank you very much Poppy. It's just soul destroying. Here's hoping I get a decision soon. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and a warm welcome to the community @Maggiedoll I wish you all the best for a positive outcome for your PIP application, how did you find the assessment?

Waiting can naturally be very stressful, so try and find some time for things you really enjoy, or spend time with loved ones, family and friends. The forum here is also a great place to help pass the time. 

Here's a few of the best places to get started:

• Recent discussions is where you'll find all the latest conversations our members are having
    • The categories page shows all the different topics for discussion
    • The virtual coffee lounge is a place to chat, get to know other members, and play games too

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything further, and we'll do what we can to help :)

Alex

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Hi @Maggiedoll Poppy is great at these sort of things.
    I think a few of us will agree how stressful the wait is, good look from me as well.
    As Alex said if your ready and want some distraction the "coffee lounge" is a great place to be.
  • Maggiedoll
    Options
    Hi@Sue heath.  I received a text this morning saying I have been awarded pip and to wait for the letter. I was still on dla but mobility only and applied for the care component. Do you think I have been awarded that or just mobility again. Sorry I'm not familiar with how this all works.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,129 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Maggiedoll and a warm welcome to the community from me as well.
    Unfortunately it's not possible to tell from the text message alone, as it could just be the mobility. If you call PIP they should be able to tell you, or your decision letter should be with you in the next few days.

They also have an automated line which tells you your next payment date and amount which may give you some indication as to what your award now is.
    Community Manager
    Scope
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.