Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi everyone

Options
BrianMcFaddenfan07
BrianMcFaddenfan07 Community member Posts: 262 Pioneering
I attended the card factory information day on Wednesday. 
It was OK, but I hated it when the man who was running the session (he was covering for a colleague who was off sick) put me on the spot when he assumed that I'd worked before and I told him that I'd never worked before as I was in college for about 2 and a half years when I had to leave due to ill health as I was pregnant with my daughter at the time (she's 20 years old next Thursday) so I was unable to complete my retail level 2 course.
I haven't been able to find anywhere that does retail courses since.
I spoke to the man who did the information session after everyone else had gone and he was really nice. 
I don't think that I've got the job as he told everyone that the card factory would contact people in the next couple of days but I've heard nothing back yet. 
Tbh tho I don't feel ready for a job yet as I haven't got very much confidence. Plus I'd prefer to do the work shops that my key worker has put me on first to help me with my confidence and other things that I need help with first. 
I had loads of confidence in college, but when my daughter was forcibly adopted against my wishes when she was between 6 months old and 8 months old, my confidence followed her as it went out of the nearest window so to speak. 
My self esteem took a huge knock then too and my ex didn't help. 

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.