Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

DWP PIP review text

Options
Jankins
Jankins Community member Posts: 16 Connected
Dear all,
I got a text saying they were reviewing my claim - I sent these forms back in October last year.  My husband, who is my carer got a letter in August saying carers would be stopped.  Phoned carers allowance and was absolutely distraught but they said it would be paid until November this year along with the PIP. 

I am already losing sleep, getting more anxiety and feeling more and more depressed as this is dragging on.  I'm on the standard rates for both parts.  I had to go to the assessment in London, had panic attacks in the centre plus on the trains there and back, the journeys took so long as I had to keep getting off the train.  Got turned down, did the MR, turned down again, then won a tribunal locally.  We are on UC but I don't know how we will survive if the PIP and carers are stopped.  We are just about getting by but this is affecting my mental health more and more.

Does anyone know how long this will take please?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,366 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Reviews have huge backlog and we have other members that have waited a year for a decision. This is because they are concentrating on new claims, not reviews. Your existing award maybe extended if a decision isn't made by the time it's due to end but because you were awarded by a Tribunal it's not 100% guaranteed that this will happen. You will need to contact PIP nearer the time to ask them, if a decision isn't made by that time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jankins
    Jankins Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    Thank you Poppy.  I'll call them in October to see what they say.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jankins I'm sorry to hear how stressed this is making you feel, have you spoken to your GP about the impact it's been having on your mental health?

Hopefully you'll be able to clarify things in October and get a better idea of where you stand. I do hope it's a smooth process for you, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have further questions or would like support :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.