If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cost of living payment

Options
Wibbles
Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,642 Pioneering
Have any of you received the £150 COL payment yet from DWP?
I understood that it was to be paid from Tuesday but nothing has arrived yet in my bank account 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hi @Wibbles the latest as far as I understand it is that it's now due next week, as the DWP have admitted a delay to starting payments because of an 'operational issue'.

I haven't received mine either, I'm not sure anyone has yet. Sorry it's not better news!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,642 Pioneering
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hi @Wibbles the latest as far as I understand it is that it's now due next week, as the DWP have admitted a delay because of an 'operational issue'.

I haven't received mine either, I'm not sure anyone has yet. Sorry it's not better news!

Just read the Martin Lewis comments and realised that my question has already been answered (multiple times)....
    For "Operation Issues" read "Government C ock up"
    They have had 4 months to prepare for this and STILL get it wrong
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    It is really more than frustrating, especially with many struggling with costs at the month, and bills upcoming in October, here's hoping it's sorted out sooner rather than later.

I sometimes wish we could charge interest for these sorts of delays!
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,124 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    They never said that it would be paid on the 20th September, they said from the 20th, there’s a big difference between the two.
    There’s 6 million people to be paid so it’s clear from the start that not everyone would be paid all at the same time. 
    Not sure what the interest would be for to be honest because technically, there’s no delays. 
    The bank holiday didn’t help matters either. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    edited September 2022
    Options
    It was more of a flippant remark @poppy123456 made in jest! :) I put it down to recent news like the mini budget, and the concerns many are having over the cost of living in general, it all adds up to make quite a frustrating picture for the disabled community as a whole.
    Scope

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.