If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any change to pip payments ?

Options
AilleantSian
AilleantSian Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi, 

I haven't had my pip award for long, and got my second payment 26th Aug ( first one was backpay) and was expecting to get another payment this past Friday (23rd Sept) 

However didn't receive anything in my bank account, is there something changed, ive miscalculated or should I be concerned ?

Thanks

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ring PIP on Monday.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • lou54321
    lou54321 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Options
    Hi there. I think you probably received the payment on 26th august early due to the late August bank holiday, your payment was probably not due to the Monday or Tuesday. Ring PIP if concerned but I’d imagine you will receive payment today or tomorrow?
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there. I think you probably received the payment on 26th august early due to the late August bank holiday, your payment was probably not due to the Monday or Tuesday. Ring PIP if concerned but I’d imagine you will receive payment today or tomorrow?
    As above, check your decision letter. It will tell you the day of the week you are due a payment although the Tuesday was a normal working day so I’d still phone and ask.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @AilleantSian :) Have you received your payment yet? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • AilleantSian
    AilleantSian Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Received payment today, which is so odd ! As have had 2 payments on a Friday and now one in a Tuesday 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Received payment today, which is so odd ! As have had 2 payments on a Friday and now one in a Tuesday 

Your decision letter will tell you exactly what day of the week to expect your money but i suspect it's Tuesday.
    The money owed which you received first can be paid any day of the week. Your 2nd payment would have been paid early because of the bank holiday. If payment day is usually Tuesday, some banks release payment on the last working day before the bank holiday, which is likely why you received it early. Your next payment will be 25th October, you receive your PIP the same day as my daughter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.