If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice after receiving MR refusal please

Options
john2614
john2614 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi, my first post here after I’ve been reading for a little while and have taken a lot of advice from posts. Thank you!

I was recently turned down for PIP so followed the MR procedure and have recently received the letter stating it was unsuccessful. However there is some contradictory information in the report, on my report and MR I was awarded 0 points for washing and Bathing and 0 points for dressing and undressing. However in the write up the decision maker has wrote: “we have decided that you require aids to wash and bathe and dress and undress” however there has been no points awarded?
is it just me or do you think there has been a mistake made and I should have had points added to my score? I’m unsure what to do next, wether to phone them direct or just go straight to the appeals process.
sorry for the long message and thank you for any advice anyone can offer.
thank you

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Just noticed your other thread and seen you have been answered but the below still applies.

I’d go straight to the appeals process, an aid on those two activities wouldn’t get you an award anyway. They could also revise the decision when you appeal although extremely unlikely but over 70% of appeals are successful.
  • john2614
    john2614 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.
    If I was awarded and aid on both of them it would take me to an award.
    I will just go to the tribunal like you advise. Thank you.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.