PIP. Has anyone else had a text saying they'll write to you with a decision? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP. Has anyone else had a text saying they'll write to you with a decision?

Options
graciechar22
graciechar22 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi can yous please share your experience when it’s come to PIP claim. 
I applied for PIP 27/06/22
I had my telephone appointment 9/9/22
I then received a text the same day to say that they had received the written report and I would hear back within 8 weeks. 
Then I received another text on the 26/9/22 saying they have not yet made a decision and that they will write to me when they have, has anyone else had this text and how long after did you receive your decision and was this via text also. Thanks 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    It’s a standard text and there is no fixed period between the text and the decision being made. A decision will come by letter. If an award is made you will likely receive a payment before the letter. You may get a text saying a decision has been made but it will not say what the decision is.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @graciechar22 :) How are you doing today? 

I can see that calcotti has answered your question already. Has this helped to clear that up for you? 

It can all get a bit confusing with the different communications from them, but hopefully it won't take too long for your decision letter to come through.

How did you find the assessment?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • AngelMikeysMum
    AngelMikeysMum Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    I received the same text as you last Monday and on the Wednesday I received a text telling me the result of my claim. I have not yet received my letter with the details but am hopeful it will arrive tomorrow (before the strike 😫). Obviously as the others have said, the timings are different for everyone, but you asked for people’s experience so here is mine :) I really hope you get the award you deserve x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.