Lwrca. Itchin to know the sum that they owe — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lwrca. Itchin to know the sum that they owe

Options
Struggles_R
Struggles_R Community member Posts: 27 Listener
I’ve just had confirmation that I’ve got the limited capability for work and the work related activity but itchin to know the sum that they owe,        So basically I made a claim for universal credit in Dec 21 and gave my first fit note in January I was awarded yesterday Sep 27, Thanks 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should be owed KCWRA element from the payment in May or June depending on what date you reported the health condition and what dates in the month your UC periods cover.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Struggles_R
    Options
    My claim made on 28 Dec I reported my Condition on 7th Jan my Payday is The 1st every month 
  • calcotti
    edited September 2022
    Options
    You reported the health condition part way through the Dec to Jan period. The three months wait is therefore Jan to April and the LCWRA element should be payable for April to May (paid on 1st June).

Not clear why you didn’t report the health condition when you claimed. Also I can’t follow the claim date of 29th Dec and a payment date of 1st, the payment date should be one month and one week from the claim date.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Struggles_R
    Options
    Doctor surgery was closed during this period. Sorry this doesn’t sound to correct. The 7th of January is the start of my assessment period more a less so should it not be from Dec-March and even if my assesment period starts in January-Apr surely it would be backdated to May 
  • calcotti
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Your dates are very confused. 
    If your monthly assessment periods started on 7th of each month you would be paid on 13th of the month.
    Your assessment period should start on the same day of the month on which you made the UC claim, which you said was 28th. But this would result in a payment date of 4th of the month.
    Without the correct assessment period and the exact date you reported the health condition it isn’t possible to give an accurate response.
    … surely it would be backdated to May 
    Ii said it would be May or June depending on the exact dates.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you log in to your journal and click on "payments" it will tell you all the details on there. It tells you when your statement is due, underneath that it will tell you when you will be paid, then under that it will say "the amount you get will be based on your circumstances from X dates and there will be 2 dates.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    In a previous thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/94749/lcwra-pip-will-i-get-back-pay-can-i-get-both-at-the-same-time#latest You asked about gaps in fit notes. If there were gaps in yours then it can affect when the LCWRA is paid from. Were there any gaps? The rules are that you must continue to send fit notes without any gaps until the decision is made on your WCA.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Struggles_R
    edited September 2022
    Options
    In a previous thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/94749/lcwra-pip-will-i-get-back-pay-can-i-get-both-at-the-same-time#latest You asked about gaps in fit notes. If there were gaps in yours then it can affect when the LCWRA is paid from. Were there any gaps? The rules are that you must continue to send fit notes without any gaps until the decision is made on your WCA.

So what does this mean cuz the initial fit notes structure the claim.. It’s not that I wasn’t unfit for work during these periods I just wasn’t mentally stable enough or made aware, and so and wasn’t in a position to uploaded my fit notes during this gap, this resulted because a error on there behalf for not properly informing me as a claimant, during these gaps the job centre failed to advise with expiration notices until mid may when only then we’re they provided in accordance. Surely it’s a miscarriage of justice to sanction me for for my health condition or hold me accountable for these errors
     error’s made by professionals 
  • Struggles_R
    Options
    calcotti said:
    If your monthly assessment periods started on 7th of each month you would be paid on 13th of the month.
    Your assessment period should start on the same day of the month on which you made the UC claim, which you said was 28th. But this would result in a payment date of 4th of the month.
    Without the correct assessment period and the exact date you reported the health condition it isn’t possible to give an response.

Yes @calcotti My claim was made on the 28th Devemeber meaning my assesment period is from then to the 29th Jan onwards during this assesment period I uploaded my health condition (Jan 7th) but this doesn’t change my assesment period Dec-Jan Jan-Feb Feb-March Lwrca Award from May.. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    In your other thread you said you received a letter on your journal regarding money they owed you for the santions, so it seems like that is now sorted.
    The fit notes are regarding the work capability assessment and if you don't continue to send them without any gaps then it can affect when the LCWRA element is paid from. How long were the gaps in your fit notes? It's impossible to advise without all the information.
    It will be down to a decision maker to decide when it's paid from.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Without the correct assessment period and the exact date you reported the health condition it isn’t possible to give an response.

Yes @calcotti My claim was made on the 28th Devemeber meaning my assesment period is from then to the 29th Jan onwards during this assesment period I uploaded my health condition (Jan 7th) but this doesn’t change my assesment period Dec-Jan Jan-Feb Feb-March Lwrca Award from May.. 

Your assessment period will start on the date you made your claim. If you submitted your claim on 28th December then your assessment period will be 28th to 27th of each month.
    Your waiting period will be longer if there were gaps in your fit notes.
  • Struggles_R
    Options
    In your other thread you said you received a letter on your journal regarding money they owed you for the santions, so it seems like that is now sorted.
    The fit notes are regarding the work capability assessment and if you don't continue to send them without any gaps then it can affect when the LCWRA element is paid from. How long were the gaps in your fit notes? It's impossible to advise without all the information.
    It will be down to a decision maker to decide when it's paid from.
    Yes this is what I’m aware, March and April they were not uploaded to my account as i was made homeless and had limited acces to the mobile or laptop, I ended up going through one homelessness team and managed to get a accommodation and housing benifit set up after this and a whole lot of research I was able to upload my fit ones from may onwards with no gaps, during the missed notes periods never did the jobcentre work coach or journal advise me these steps are necessary 
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2022
    Options
    If they go from when you reported your health condition your waiting period will be Jan/Feb, Feb/March, March/April... first payment will be June.
    If they don't accept the missed fit notes then your first payment will be either Sept or Oct, depending on what date your fit not was given in May.
  • Struggles_R
    Options
    If you log in to your journal and click on "payments" it will tell you all the details on there. It tells you when your statement is due, underneath that it will tell you when you will be paid, then under that it will say "the amount you get will be based on your circumstances from X dates and there will be 2 dates.
    My statement is due on the 26th 
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2022
    Options
    My statement is due on the 26th 

That doesn't match the dates you gave. You said you started your claim on 28th Dec. Your statement can't be due before your assessment period ends.
    Regardless, you will need to wait for a decision maker to decide when it's paid from because you had a gap in your fit notes.
  • Struggles_R
    Options

That doesn't match the dates you gave. You said you started your claim on 28th Dec. Your statement can't be due before your assessment period ends.
    Regardless, you will need to wait for a decision maker to decide when it's paid from because you had a gap in your fit notes.
    The statements are on the 26th of each month, like I said I’m new to all this so apologies if it’s miss leading.. My claim was made Dec 28 my first statement was January 26th First Payment was 3rd Feb, the gap in notes was due to poor communication on the job centres side, and multiple other factors 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I can only give the correct advice. It's impossible for statements to be available before the end of your assessment period. As your assessment periods are between 28th and 27th of every month i would expect your statement to be ready around 30th of every month.
    I can't give any other advice on when the LCWRA will be paid from because i'm not the decision maker, they are the only ones that can make that decision.
  • Struggles_R
    Options
    I can only give the correct advice. It's impossible for statements to be available before the end of your assessment period. As your assessment periods are between 28th and 27th of every month i would expect your statement to be ready around 30th of every month.
    I can't give any other advice on when the LCWRA will be paid from because i'm not the decision maker, they are the only ones that can make that decision.

• Struggles_R
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Yes your right my statements are around the 30th each month but the oct payment has some how been updated already
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sometimes statements are ready a day early. Do you have any deductions from your UC for anything? Standard allowance (under 25) and LCWRA element is a total of £619.59/month and not £606.32.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.