If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

IBD nurse not pleased with me

Options
Binky1234
Binky1234 Community member Posts: 408 Pioneering
My IBD & incontinence nurse was here yesterday to do my yearly review  and I told her about my PIP and she said basically what others have said on this forum I should have went into more detail, I'm kicking myself tbh.

Jackie my nurse got me to write a letter and enclose my  new repeat prescription  as a few things have  changed since July example I'm now on 50mg of amitriptyline. Meds don't make a difference as far as I'm aware in PIP.

She also advised me to start the letter saying as your likely aware I was on DLA with a indefinite award then changed over to PIP with a 5 year award that is now up for award review. Surely the DWP know this information.

I would like the following to be taken into consideration in regards to the award review dated July 2022.

Washing and bathing hubby needs to both supervise and help due to pain and physical restrictions then explained my restrictions in detail.

Taking nutrition she got me to write that I use easy grip cutlery and hubby cuts up my food, again used a real event that happened.

Infact she got me to into detail on:
Preparing food
Taking nutrition 
Managing my meds
Washing and bathing
Dressing and undressing
Mixing with others
Budgeting 
Planning and following
How far I can walk 

In the planning to walk she got me to write that because I suffer from bowel incontinence this makes walking extremely difficult as it takes a great deal of effort as I need to move slowly and carefully to keep the faecal matter within the pads as secure as one can. 

When I get to my safe place I break down due to the embarrassment and the physiological distress I encounter.

In my review form I focused on my anxiety and pain due to arthritis and fibromyalgia and only touched on my IBD.

Surely this letter far too late to make a difference.  It was sent today as hubby said Jackie my nurse knows better than me.

Jackie also said that on rare occasions it has been known for the award review to be sent back to the CM without the need of a medical, so my question is this true, surely not. I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me if this is indeed fact.

I do think this letter that Jackie advised  me to write is actually fab,  but personally I think it's  too late to be taken into consideration as my review has been passed on from the DM.

Anyway what will be will be.

Sorry if this post is a little graphic but needed to actually write what was written to get a honest answer.

I honestly feel that some scope members will have more knowledge of the benefits system than my IBD nurse hence this post.

Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's never too late to send more information. If your form has already been sent to the health assessment providers then it would be worth contacting them for the address so that you can also send it to them.

Most people have assessments even for reviews so you should expect one of those, which would either be telephone, video call or face to face at an assessment centre. Paper based assessments are rare but possible. If there's enough of information to do a paper based assessment then yes it will be done. A report will be written and returned to DWP.

I think your anxiety to walk because of IBD would be more appropriate for following and planning a journey. Fibro is a physical condition so moving around part of mobility is what will be looked at for this.

There are long delays for reviews so you could be waiting several more months, possibly longer. Your current PIP will continue until a decision is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 408 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks poppy123456 I did as you suggested and I was told that when they receive it they will scan it on the system therefore the health assessment provider will have access to it. Anyway I've done all I can do and now I'm going to take it easy no point in worrying as ma Granny used to say worrying is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you no where lol.

Anyone waiting for assessment I was told today that mine ore than likey mine won't be getting looked at till next February/March next year as they are so far behind they're doing new claims and going by dates of when the award  review was due, makes sense really.

I can now chill out.

Thank again Poppy honestly your a star.
    Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.