Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections. As a result, we may have to moderate any comments that could be seen to influence other's votes.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why are long-term relationships so hard to find, even though you want one in real life, yet you were

Options
2»

Comments

• iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Options
    @Karen7788, by the way can I ask where do you work? 
  • Katiedimelow20
    Katiedimelow20 Community member Posts: 18 Courageous
    Options
    @iza not in my real life guys are not interested in any sort of relationship or any serious relationship. That why I went online dating to see if was different. I got match with common interest and is was Facebook dating is was ok . I am learn online safely by lesson from college and high school. 
  • Karen7788
    Karen7788 Scope Member Posts: 598 Pioneering
    Options
  • Karen7788
    Options
    @Karen7788 I am 24 year old. . I am not sure. I am not interested In very older guys.
    You’ve got plenty of time, try not to worry about it. My youngest is about the same age as you, lots of his friends haven’t met anyone yet.  Put yourself first for the time being and spend time doing the things that you like. 
  • Karen7788
    Options
    Hi @iza, I met my husband just by chance, I wasn’t actively looking for someone as I’d just got used to being single again. We just stayed as friends for the first couple of years as I needed time to trust again. 
    You definitely don’t have complicated expectations and I’m sure the right one will come along when you’re least expecting it. Good luck. 
  • Katiedimelow20
    Options
    @Karen7788n. I wasn’t interested in guys that I did met . Other guys was a minor and very rude person . That I was trying to talk to staff at youth club  the guy didn’t let me to do talk to staff . 
  • Karen7788
    Options
    Some people can be very rude @Katiedimelow20, just ignore them, they’re not worth talking to. 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You will find someone when you least expect it without even looking 

Men your age are often not too ready to settle down and I don't blame them plenty of time for long term relationships 
  • Katiedimelow20
    Options
    @janer1967 if older guy play mixed signal on myself and some of them see myself as bait for older guy that are not interested in relationship with me or I am not interested older guy that not in my age range. That only be on online disability dating and most of them are Not very good.
  • iza
    Options
    @Karen7788, thank you for your advice and sharing with me the information were do you work. Perhaps, Dr could be a good match for me indeed 😊. My uncle was a Dr and my cousin is a Dr too. Perhaps, you could act as matchmaker😊 and set up blind date :) . That could be ideal role of life  for me to see how two people fall in love and the love develops. Perhaps 🤔, I should think to set up my own start up company of serious dating app because the one which are on the market and  I signed up same to be very useless so far. 
  • Karen7788
    Options
    I wouldn’t want a doctor as a partner @iza, the good ones are always at work and very career driven. 

• iza
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Hi @Karen7788, you probably right but that could give me also enough space in my life for my hobbies and we could avoid arguments 😊. People who do not see each other for most of the day cannot argue.  On the other side why the Drs are so much career driven if there is only few consultant posts open a year to apply for ? Yes, I know passion for treating and saving life are the key words here. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.