I'm getting married next year. Will my benefits stop? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm getting married next year. Will my benefits stop?

Options
Anton13
Anton13 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me information please?. I'm getting married next year. I'm on contribution based ESA, we don't live together but my partner works. Will my benefits stop? I've had a rough last 10 years & she's super cool with my journey beating my depression. I have spondylosis also.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,605 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you're not going to be living together then nothing will change. If you're going to be living together then your CB ESA will continue as normal. If any part of it is Income Related then the first £20 of your partners earnings will be disregarded, after this it reduces your Income Related ESA £1 for £1 and all changes must be reported.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Anton13
    Anton13 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you this has been fantastic help. 😊 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @anton13 :) I'm glad that poppy123456 has been able to help you out! If you have any further questions on this, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Congratulations on your engagement! How are you feeling about getting married? 

It's really lovely to hear that your partner has been supportive, too. That's really important. Do you feel you're getting enough support to help you manage your symptoms at the moment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.