If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello 👋

Options
Sally73
Sally73 Community member Posts: 2 Connected
Hi all, my name is Sally. I am married to a wonderful man who is also my carer and best friend. I have 3 sons, a daughter and 4 grandchildren. My sons all live a distance away but my daughter is still living at home and she also helps me a lot. 

I have multiple chronic health issues, most of then linked to IBD and complications it has caused over the years.  
I try my best to be optimistic and look on the bright side, crying doesn't get you anywhere

I have worked with my issues for most of my adult life but have recently been dismissed from my employment due to being on sick leave for just over a year. 

I am currently in hospital with more complications and issues and possibly facing another serious, major operation to my bowels. I've been in 3 weeks today and am receiving TPN and IV meds & fluids. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,801 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi @Sally73 and a warm welcome to scope, hope you are soon able to go home, I once spent 3 weeks in hospital and it was no fun.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,451 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sally73 a welcome from me too. Sorry to read you are in hospital, I hope they sort you out soon and you get discharged. Have a look around the site and join in.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good afternoon @Sally73 welcome to our great group.
    I am so sorry to hear about your health problems at the moment, it doesn't sound nice for you to be in hospital.
    It's so good to have you join our group, have a look around the site, when your ready to, any problems just ask some one is bound to be on line to help. 
    We have lots going on threads/chats/debates/games/arts hopefully it will help your day go quick, while your in hospital.
    Stay strong and positive.
  • Sally73
    Sally73 Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Options
    Hi Sue thanks for your reply. I have just got back onto the ward after a procedure in endoscopy so am a bit sedated still lol.  I'll have a look around later or tomorrow x
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Bless you @Sally73 have a nice little sleep.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.