Advice. My partner and I get UC. How would my UC be affected if he became self-employed? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice. My partner and I get UC. How would my UC be affected if he became self-employed?

Options
ella1992
ella1992 Community member Posts: 173 Courageous
edited October 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi just wondering so me and my Partner get uc I get work allowance I currently work 16hours a week so ATM we r better off how ever my partner rmay be starting a Jon self employed for amzon delivery how will this effect my uc as at moment only one wage takes into account my earnings as my first job is disregard as I have work allowance he will be getting 104 a day but he will be tax also thr pay is weekly 🙈 
Tagged:

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Once you surpass the work allowance any further earnings are deducted at 55p for every pound earned. Being self-employed he will need to do a change of circumstances on his account.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,686 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If he starts work he will need to report a change of circumstances and tell them he's working. For self employed he will need to report earnings and expenses on the last day of your assessment period. Information here. https://www.gov.uk/self-employment-and-universal-credit

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ella1992
    Options
    bg844 said:
    Once you surpass the work allowance any further earnings are deducted at 55p for every pound earned. Being self-employed he will need to do a change of circumstances on his account.  I don't need to tell dwp yet because he hasn't even started yet I'm just asking questions at moment 
  • ella1992
    Options
    He hasn't started yet if he starts it will be around Thursday so I get 5 days to report any change of circumstances the day he starts I just wanted to ask some questions that's all to see if will be worser off 
  • ella1992
    Options
    I'm just seeing if it's him worth working that or not because about we get 1300 uc plus my wages witch is around 600 but he wants to work I can't stop him I just don't want put us in situations wear we r worse off 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @ella1992 I was simply saying when he started work he would need to report the change as poppy123456 has said, sorry about the confusion. I would also try to help you work it out but quite difficult when we don’t know your full circumstances:

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,686 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Without knowing what your maximum UC entitlement it and how much he will be earning it's impossible to give you any figures. You can use the benefits calculator above and put in different figures and that will give you some idea.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.