Relationships — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Relationships

Options
john28
john28 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello
My partner has just walked away from our relationship after 15 years
All because we couldn't have normal sex. Due to my illness COPD and Tumer in my lungs leaves me breathless, now I'm on my own and finding it hard to cope with everyday chores.

Relationships 0 votes

Now I'm left lonely and and a bit frightened
0%
I don't like being on my own at night as that's when I had my last two attacks
0%

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @john28 :) 

I'm really sorry to hear that you and your long term partner have broken up. That must be incredibly difficult to deal with.

You've mentioned in your post that you don't like being on your own at night, as that's when you had your last two attacks. Do you mind me asking what you mean by 'attacks'? 

Do you have any family or friends who could keep you company and help to support you? I appreciate not everyone does.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • john28
    john28 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi @john28 :) 

I'm really sorry to hear that you and your long term partner have broken up. That must be incredibly difficult to deal with.

You've mentioned in your post that you don't like being on your own at night, as that's when you had your last two attacks. Do you mind me asking what you mean by 'attacks'? 

Do you have any family or friends who could keep you company and help to support you? I appreciate not everyone does.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi I am sorry about your relationship breakdown 

For piece of mind you could get a personal alarm that you wear round your neck or as a watch that is monitored by care company 

Speak to your gp 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.