If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Energy payments prepayment meter

Options
littleruthie123
littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
edited November 2022 in Cost of living
Hi has anyone recieved there top up energy of 66 pounds?.im with ovo/boost and nothing yet.feeling anxious as getting really low on my electric now .cant contact them theve shut there webchat down due too being so busy !

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,143 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Citizens Advice say that you should receive it by the 14th of every month. If you have a smart meter it will be paid straight onto that.
    If you have a traditional pre payment

You’ll get the discount as either:

• an automatic credit when you top up at your usual top-up point
    • a voucher

Your supplier will tell you in advance how you’ll get your discount.

If you get an automatic credit but you can’t afford to top up, speak to your supplier. They might be able to send you a voucher.

If you get a voucher

Your supplier will send the voucher by text message, email or post by the 14th day of each month.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • littleruthie123
    Options
    Thanks that's dissapointing as boost said the first week of October..its only the 5th now.and I can't ask my supplier theve cut there webchats off.will have too try and think of something .thanks anyway for info 
  • littleruthie123
    Options
    I'm on a smart meter which they emailed me too say it will be automatically put on on in the first week of every month which is what im relying on ..just a nitemare for me now as looks like it won't happen..Will have too try my local council if its not changed on Friday..
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I don't have a prepayment meter and the money hasn't gone onto by energy account yet. I pay my DD on the 1st of every month and this month i paid £66 less.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't have a prepayment meter and the money hasn't gone onto by energy account yet. I pay my DD on the 1st of every month and this month i paid £66 less.
    That’s how my supplier has said they are doing it. They are reducing the direct debits by the support amount but this support will obviously show as a credit on future statements.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    calcotti said:
    That’s how my supplier has said they are doing it. They are reducing the direct debits by the support amount but this support will obviously show as a credit on future statements.

Ah thanks for that. My supplier did send an email but i deleted it and couldn't remember what they said. My energy account is in credit at the moment and i usually receive my bill every month so hopefully it will show on there.
  • littleruthie123
    Options
    I no it varies with different suppliers too and methods of paying.all feels a bit overwhelming atm with one thing ir another.strange times .
  • dm720
    dm720 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    I'm on smart meter and they put credit on my meter yesterday 
  • littleruthie123
    Options
    That's great thanks.who are you with? .nothing yet for me 
  • dm720
    Options
    I'm with British gas apparently anyone in smart meter should have it put on there meter by 7th October also if prepayment meter not smart it's vouchers there sending out for you take post office top meter up 
  • littleruthie123
    Options
    Still haven't had my smart meter top .so frustrated now.managed too speak too adviser on Friday whi was just horrible no empathy said its not down too them basically .got too get through too them on Monday so they will escalate the  case!.had too put loads on my meter already  of borrowed money .seriously fed up .(
  • dm720
    Options
    So sorry to hear you havnt had your money on meter yet . I hope when you ring them tomorrow it will be sorted out for you . 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,132 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @littleruthie123 - really sorry to read this. I mentioned in another discussion that it might be worth contacting our Disability Energy Support if you can. They're very busy, but doing what they can to help people through the crisis.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Silvano
    Silvano Community member Posts: 385 Pioneering
    Options
    Poor you, Im in the same situation. Im on a pre payment old style key and card top up meter with SSE and had nothing yet, meant to get  a voucher code in post by 11th working day from the 1st of October each month. Anyone had theirs?
  • Silvano
    Options
    Hope you got it sorted Ruthie.
  • ProudMumForever
    ProudMumForever Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Options
    Im with British gas on the old style prepayment meters and i got my voucher to take to Post Office a few days ago.Other people with same company and same meters not had theres yet.Others who are with different energy companys some have ,some havent. I thought it was around the middle of the month that payments were beginning to come through.
    Wont be long now for everyone.
  • cat6873
    cat6873 Community member Posts: 67 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm with E.on Next and got an email in September telling me I'm entitled to the vouchers but, as of today, I haven't received anything. I contacted them by email and no reply. I tried Twitter and was told they've been sent out and I will get mine on Wednesday. It's now the end of the month and still no joy  :'(
  • poppy123456
    Options
    cat6873 said:
    I'm with E.on Next and got an email in September telling me I'm entitled to the vouchers but, as of today, I haven't received anything. I contacted them by email and no reply. I tried Twitter and was told they've been sent out and I will get mine on Wednesday. It's now the end of the month and still no joy  :'(

Are you sure you haven't received it in the post and missed it thinking it was junk mail? I was listening to the news this evening and it said on there that there's thousands of people that still haven't used their vouchers that they've been sent. Just thought i'd check that you aren't one of them.
  • Silvano
    Options
    Im with SSE pre payment meters and got my voucher for £66 on 17th Oct although its dated 3rd Oct and says it expires 3rd January so haven't used it yet as got enough on both meters for now but will use it before it expires 
  • cat6873
    cat6873 Community member Posts: 67 Pioneering
    Options
    cat6873 said:

Are you sure you haven't received it in the post and missed it thinking it was junk mail? I was listening to the news this evening and it said on there that there's thousands of people that still haven't used their vouchers that they've been sent. Just thought i'd check that you aren't one of them.
    Yes poppy, nothing here. Even if the neighbours took my mail they can't use the voucher. Also my electricity is with Edf but I had zero communication from them. If E.on sent me the email by mistake without checking that I only have gas with them then it's all up in the air. I think the government here made a huge mistake to give the money to the suppliers but would everybody had used the money to top up their gas/electricity? I doubt it. Anyways I will chase both my suppliers to, at least, make sure one of them has my voucher.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.