Hi, my name is HelenG1973! I need help with a pip tribunal

HelenG1973
HelenG1973 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2022 in Start here and say hello!
Hi I'm Helen and I need help with a pip tribunal 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,450 Championing
    What help do you need? If you can give more information then I’m sure someone can advise you further.
  • HelenG1973
    HelenG1973 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi thank you. I need advice from ppl who've been to tribunal but have inconsistencies in the DWP report and also I'm a carer to my autistic daughter and they've brought that up in their written response to courts. Saying courts should consider my being a carer and claiming pip for myself
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,450 Championing
    Firstly, it's not a court and you're not on trial. Some hearings maybe held in a court building but that's about it. It's very different to a court.
    What you should do is put the report to one side and forget about it because this isn't going to get you a PIP award.
    Concentrate on the weaknesses in your evidence and not the strength of their's.
    What you need to do is give a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted each descriptor that applies to you. Include detailed information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. You should aim for at least half an A4 side of paper per descriptor.
    Lots of people are carers and claim PIP at the same time. However, it may cause issues if your caring duties contradict the reasons why you're claiming PIP.
    It's never too late to get representation from an advice agency near you. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/welfare-benefits