PIP FOR MIGRAINES

lauh85
lauh85 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I suffer with vestibular migraine& tinnitus, this causes vertigo, Migraines & vomiting.  It is something I'm living with daily , some days I'm bed bound because the vertigo is so bad. I applied for pip because I'm having an increasing amount of time off work due to the illness. I have been signed off by my doctor.  I received a letter from pip and received 0 points. I am fully deaf in my left ear and partially in my right. I received no points for aids even although I wear a hearing aid and have communication barriers. Does anyone else suffer with this condition and get any support?

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    Hello there @lauh85 and thanks for taking the time to reach out today, I'm sorry to here about the outcome of your PIP application, and about how your condition is impacting you day to day.

Take some time to process what's happened and prioritise self-care, as news like this can be a real knock back. 

Do you feel like you're getting enough support from your GP at the moment to manage your migraines and vertigo? 

There's a bit of a knack to writing about the way your condition impacts on you day to day that the assessors and decision maker are looking for with PIP. They'll score you against the PIP descriptors

When you feel ready, there's lots of support out there to help you challenge your PIP decision, and if you'd like a clear overview of what this means, Turn2Us explains the process, from Mandatory Reconsideration, through to Tribunal.

You might like some support from a professional adviser, you can contact Citizens Advice, or search Advice Local.

If you'd prefer to talk through everything over the phone, or one to one by email, the Scope Helpline team can help. 

There's also the community here of course, who are very knowledgeable about appealing PIP decisions, so if you need a hand or have questions please ask :)

Alex