Esa/ universal credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa/ universal credit

kb123
kb123 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Esa obtain within assessment period and unversial credit

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't know what you mean.
    If you are claiming both new style ESA and Uc at the same time the ESA will be deducted from the UC payments. But that may not be what you are asking.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Then your ESA will be New style ESA, which doesn't qualify you. If you received a payment for UC for an assessment period that ended between 26th April and 25th May 2022, then you should have received a payment of £326 in July.
    If you didn't receive that payment and you were entitled then you'll need to fill out the missing payment form linked in your other thread.
    The next CoL payment of £324 is due to paid between 8th and 23rd November.
    You will be eligible for the second Cost of Living Payment of £324 if you were entitled to a payment (or later found to be entitled to a payment) of Universal Credit for an assessment period that ended in the period 26 August 2022 to 25 September 2022.
    If you claim a disability benefit such as PIP or DLA then you will be entitled to the £150 which was meant to be paid by the beginning of Oct. If you don't receive a disability benefit you won't be entitled to the payment.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kb123
    I won appeal letter stated 14th sep 2022 I’m and sue a payment 
  • kb123
  • poppy123456
    kb123 said:
    I won appeal letter stated 14th sep 2022 I’m and sue a payment 
    What was the appeal for any when did you start the claim? I’m sorry but you are not giving enough of information for anyone to be able to advise you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kb123
    No that was for first cost living payment which still haven’t received . Had a medical assessments for the left hip fracture now broken right hip thank you
  • poppy123456
    What was the decision on the work capability assessment you had?
  • kb123
  • poppy123456
    Yes, but what was the decision? I can't help you without knowing the answer to that question. For those that are wondering, there's another thread here from the OP with more information. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/98661/recent-accident#latest

• kb123
    Notes unless your condition deteriorates or you are diagnosed with a new condition.
    It is not disputed that you have health problems, the reason you do not need to declare or provide further sick notes is because it has been established that the medical conditions that you have do not limit your functional ability to the extent that you have Limited Capability for Work.

• poppy123456
    So you were found fit for work. You can report a new or worsening of condition and then send another fit note, this will prompt a new referral for the WCA. However, in the meantime you will still need to continue with your commiments. You can speak to your work coach to ask if they could reduce them or if you can have telephone appointments.
  • kb123
    Ok I will thank you

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.