Hi, my name is MatthewMuir2000

MatthewMuir2000
MatthewMuir2000 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I was diagonised with autism and dyspraxia in 2004 and consequently struggle with handwriting. During school I was assisted with a TA, and also with an Ipad. I later dropped in-room support in college and can now work independently, provided I have something to type with. I've gone on to secure a college diploma in Travel and Tourism at Loreto, and an undergraduate Tourism Management degree at Manchester Metropolitan University. I'm currently studying a 2-year MSc Marketing course at MMU.

Comments

• Jo_2022
    Jo_2022 Community member Posts: 295 Empowering
    Hi @MatthewMuir2000:) Welcome to the online community! Thank you for sharing your story with us all. You are very inspirational to continue with higher education, sometimes people with learning difficulties find university challenging. I wish you every success with your studies!!  :)       
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,714 Championing
    Hi @MatthewMuir2000 and a warm welcome from me too, how are you doing today? Have you been up to anything nice?

Blimey, I'm in awe of your academic credentials! What drew you to the travel and tourism sector? And is there anywhere you'd particularly like to travel? I'd be really interested to hear  :) 

If we can ever help with any specific questions, please ask away. Otherwise feel free to browse our different categories, you might even find our Transport and travel section interesting?

Lastly, well done again on your achievements. I'm glad the adjustments made by the higher education providers have opened up these opportunities to you, as they rightly should!

Take care and hopefully we'll get to speak again soon.