30 yearl old daughter who was diagnosed at 16 with ocd and Asperger’s, lacks motivation — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

30 yearl old daughter who was diagnosed at 16 with ocd and Asperger’s, lacks motivation

Options
JennyStratford
JennyStratford Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I’m new to this forum but it would be nice to chat to parents in the same situation as me. I have a 30 yearl old daughter who was diagnosed at 16 with ocd and Asperger’s, she also has non 24 hour sleep disorder. She still
lives with me and due to erratic sleep times has never had a job. I worry so much about her future as she lacks motivation to do anything or get outside help, I just feel that she needs to do something more with her life but don’t know what to do. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @JennyStratford and thanks for reaching out, I can see you're already settling in and looking around the forum, which is great to see :) 

To help our members share their thoughts with you, I've moved your post over into our Children, Parents and Families category, and marked it as unanswered for now. 

I can see why it might be difficult to work a typical 9-5 type job with non 24 hour sleep disorder. Can I ask what support she's getting at the moment for managing her conditions day to day? Has this changed over the years, and do you feel like it's enough support?

I see in another discussion you've mentioned she's obsessed with Halloween? Does she have a lot of passions or hobbies she enjoys?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.