Do you know of any affordable half term activities? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you know of any affordable half term activities?

Options
Tori_Scope
Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
I don't have children myself but I can imagine that, for many, there'll be little money spare to spend on half term activities this school year. 

What are your favourite affordable half term activities? Bonus points for if they're accessible for disabled parents and children!
National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I was a bit like Matilda as a kid and would be off at the library alone reading! Unfortunately I couldn't move things with my mind :D 

I love all the colours of autumn and would take advantage of this with younger kids if I could: 

Leaf rubbings
    Scavenger hunts
    Playing in leaves
    Trying to find a rainbow of colours
    Puddle jumping
    Flower pressing
    Sketching outside

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Some great ideas there @Biblioklept! I've tried to get back into reading recently, as I also loved to read as a child. 

I'm not sure I've ever done flower pressing. What does it entail? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Feeding ducks.
    Making acorn animals and people using acorns and matchsticks, costs nothing but a trip to an oak tree, oh and a box of matchsticks or cocktail sticks if you prefer.
    Might even be some chestnuts left at the moment, yum. 🙂 🍂

ps, for flower pressing just choose a flower and place it between two hard things and place a weight on top. Alternatively if you have an old book use that, place flower between pages and weight on top.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.