Hi, my name is Szireena1990! I need a wheel chair — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Szireena1990! I need a wheel chair

Options
Szireena1990
Szireena1990 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I'm szireena 32 yrs old with klippeli treanomory webber syndrome sinding larsen disease and cancer im in need of a wheel chair and can't get one from wheel chair service due to me having one 6 yrs ago and I gave it to my dad to help him as I was ok now my health is deterainting and I'm in need of one and can't get one unless I pay for it 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @szireena1990 :) Thank you for joining us!

Is there any way you could retrieve your wheelchair from your dad, and help him to find one for himself? 

Asides from that, you may find it helpful to read our page on how to get a wheelchair. This includes information on how to hire one from the Red Cross, and getting grant funding for a wheelchair. 

Some charity shops also sell wheelchairs for cheaper than they are if you buy them new. My partner once got one from a charity shop for a friend, and it worked out well.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.