Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Mandatory reconsideration

Options
kieran1990
kieran1990 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I'm new to this

I was handing sick notes into universal credit from July 2021, I sent my questionaire off in August 2021, I kept handing evidence in until March 2022, at this time my assessment was still not complete, .
I then had a work coach appointment over the phone and in that call I told him I was sending in evidence, he told me to stop sending now as I didn't need to,

In August 2022 I had a letter stating I was accepted for work capability and work related activity, from August as there was a break in the evidence, and I would have to wait 3 months for the payment, when I have been waiting a year for the outcome,

Since that day I have got all evidence from march until present and handed it in as a mandatory reconsideration on 19th August 2022, 
All I am being told is there's no time scale for it, could some one help me with what I can do next as this is really getting me down 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Allow 12 weeks for MR.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • kieran1990
    kieran1990 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you and what after that, as that is the end of this week
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,580 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The timescale is just a guide. Sometimes it takes longer than 12 weeks. All you can do is wait for the decision at the stage.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @kieran1990 and thanks for your query, I hope you get a positive outcome for your MR soon!

If you'd like to look at how to continue challenging the PIP decision if the MR isn't successful, you can read a clear overview on Turn2Us's website.

If anything doesn't make sense, or you need a hand please do let us know, we'll be here to support you whatever happens :) 

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.