If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone, just a quick question. Is there a cut off point for the £150 payment?

Options
Jumpman95
Jumpman95 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited October 2022 in Cost of living
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone is able to help me? I would like to know if I am eligible for the £150 COL payment. I started my claim on the 15th February of this year but my PiP wasn’t awarded until the 20th
June. I thought I might of been eligible due to starting my claim before the cut off point in May. I reported this a few weeks ago, but I have yet to receive a letter. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,130 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes you are entitled to it. You are not the only person that still hasn't receive the £150 and there's many other threads here on the forum about this.
    There are some people that have started to receive the money since end of last week. As you've filled out the missing payment form there's nothing more you can do but wait for the money to go into your bank.
    The letter they are sending out after filling out the form, will only tell you what you already know "that you're entitled to the payment" It then says "you will receive the payment in due course"
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jumpman95
    Options
    Excellent, thank you for clearing this up for me. Hopefully it’ll be in my account soon. I’m not sure if there’s a date when the stop the payments either. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Jumpman95 said:
    I’m not sure if there’s a date when the stop the payments either. 
    I don't know what you mean by that? It's just a one off payment of £150.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Jumpman95
    Options
    My apologies, in my head I know what I want to say, but I’m finding it hard to get it out into writing 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Don't worry @Jumpman95 :) Getting things in our heads down into writing can be tricky. 

Were you wondering about when your PIP payments might end? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Jumpman95
    Options
    Hello, I was wondering if there was a cut off point for the £150 payment, as in if they’d stop sending the payment out on a certain date. I hope that makes more sense? 

I never received a letter saying I was entitled to the payment either when I reported it missing. So the whole thing has been very overwhelming and makes me panic 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Jumpman95 said:
    Hello, I was wondering if there was a cut off point for the £150 payment, as in if they’d stop sending the payment out on a certain date. I hope that makes more sense? 

I never received a letter saying I was entitled to the payment either when I reported it missing. So the whole thing has been very overwhelming and makes me panic 

As i advised, you are entitled to the payment. The criteria is you must have a received a payment, or later became entitled to a payment for 25th May, which you were.
    Some people haven't received the letter but received the payment in the past week. You don't need the letter because it only tells you what you already know, as i advised.
    Other members here have started to receive it.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.