If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is helpmeplease!

helpmeplease Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2022 in Start here and say hello!
hello everyone
i have recently been told I have diverticulitis disease but I am really struggling with tummy pain wind and constipation And diarrhoea causing me a painful rear end as can go up to 7 times a day does anyone else suffer like this ? I’ve found that ibruprofen should not be taken 
paracetamol is ok but I find these just aren’t strong enough
any suggestions please would be appreciated 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,150 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately we can’t give you any medical advice because we are not medical professionals. I’d advise you to speak to your GP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 408 Pioneering
    Agree with Poppy123456 seek medical advice.

    In the meantime you could go to your local chemist and ask to speak to the pharmacist where she could advice in the meantime.

    For the diarrhoea you could ask if they thought imodium would be OK. Loss of fluids ask if it would be OK to take rehydration sachets.

    As for pain relief only your gp can prescribe something stronger, I have Crohns and I get Co-codamol 30/500 as the codeine helps with with the diarrhoea.

    I'm on a load of other stuff but only at the suggestion of my gastroenterologist.

    If I were you I would definitely go to my local chemist and speak to the pharmacist she may even suggest a suppository or gel for backpassage pain, I get prescription only gel that works for me.

    I do suggest that you try and get an appointment with your GP ASAP, take photos of your toilet graphic I know but it will give your GP a understanding  of what your experiencing.

    Good luck
    Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.