Three things that you would change — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Three things that you would change

Options
Wibbles
Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,631 Pioneering
What 3 things would you do differently if you could reverse time and warn a "younger you" - that would make your life better now ?

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Wibbles,
    1. I would go back to 2005 and warn myself not to take the very high doses of steroids that the doctor had put me on. It now means broken bones, damaged teeth, awful weight gain etc. It could have all been prevented had that doctor been more careful. 

2. I would not have done Teacher training in 1981. With hindsight, I should have chosen different postgraduate training. 

3. I would have bought fewer things and saved more money instead. 

What three things would you change? 
  • Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,631 Pioneering
    Options
    1.  I would not have gone out for a drink on September 4th 1990 - because I had a fall which resulted in me being in a coma with a total change of life ever since..
    2.  I would not have wasted my money on a Vauxhall Astra in 1998 - because it was the worst car that anyone could imagine
    3.  I would not have dumped a girlfriend on New Years day 2000 - when I should have asked her to marry me

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I probably wouldn't do anything as I'd worry it wouldn't work out the way I'm hoping :D

But three I can think of are:

1, I'd not have let anxiety win and realised the early signs when I first started avoiding stuff so it couldn't have taken hold
    2, Not have trusted some certain people which led to bad experiences
    3, Eaten healthier!
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,133 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    1 I wouldn't of got unhealthy and trained to be an athlete
    2 I would of studied harder and gone to uni

3 I would turn the other corner so I didn't meet my ex  :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would have studied law and become a barrister 

I would have controlled my diabetes better when I was younger then may not have had so many health issues now . Tho my consultant said having had it for 30 plus years was inevitable that other problems would present themselves 

Never got involved with my ex only positive was producing my son . Tho you wouldn't call him a dad anymore just a sperms donor 
  • iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Options
    Fall in love in right man who acts as a man. Have bigger family. Live happy life , making my dreams come true. In Poland we say : happy wife happy life. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,778 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I wouldn't have had my second stroke, I wouldn't then have started with my seizures, I wouldn't then have let my loved ones down.
    But if dreams were wishes etc etc

2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• RetroRemix
    RetroRemix Community member Posts: 165 Pioneering
    edited November 2022
    Options
    1.) I would have said "I love you too" to a boy who was in my year at school (I'm a gay male) but his twin brother was a bully so I thought he was winding me up too. He was very handsome, and seemed like he had a big heart, so I would have said the same to him too, if I had any thought he was sincere. He said it to me very quietly almost mumbling it.

2.) I should not have quit a computer course at college to go into a better class. The people in that computer class were the type who made fun of people although I made friends with a girl gamer who was cool... but the class I went into, catering had better people and people who had struggles like I did, who I got on well with, and the support teachers were very nice to us... so it was a plus in the end!

3.) I wished that I had got the help I needed sooner so I could have become more sociable at a younger age, so I would have had more life experience to get me through things. I've never been one for going out drinking and partying, and I never will be... but there are many other cool social events, not involving alcohol or drugs (I don't like them sorry), I could have attended, if I had my anxiety under more control.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.