Hi, my name is Paulno1! Am I entitled to holiday pay from work while on ESA? Will ESA be backdated? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Paulno1! Am I entitled to holiday pay from work while on ESA? Will ESA be backdated?

Options
Paulno1
Paulno1 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
My SSP has run out from work and i have applied for ESA,the firm i work for never informed me it was running out,am i entitled to holiday pay from work while on ESA and will ESA be backdated,thanx.

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,560 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Whether you're entitled to New style ESA will depend on your NI contributions in tax years April 2019 and March 2021, if you've paid the correct amount and you're over 25 then ESA will pay £77 per week. You will need a fit note and your SSP1 form from your employer to claim it.
    The maximum time you can backdate the ESA is 3 months or when your SSP ended, if it was less than 3 months ago because you can't be paid ESA at the same time as SSP.
    Whether your employer pays holiday pay while on the sick will depend on your employer. If you receive any holiday pay from work, providing you are not currently working then it won't affect your ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've replied on your other post about holiday pay 
  • Paulno1
    Paulno1 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    I have 47 yrs full National insurance contributions,my SSP ran out apparently four weeks ago,i have worked there for 31 yrs and wasn't aware that i had to apply,i was under the impression the firm did the crossover thanx.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,560 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Then it can be backdated to when your SSP ended. Have you also checked entitlement to Universal Credit? It's a means tested benefit so entitlement will depend on your circumstances. If you live with a partner you need to claim as a couple and your joint circumstances will be taken into consideration. If you have savings/capital of more than £16,000 you're excluded from claiming. Use a benefits calculator to check. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/Intro/Home?cid=e13eb4fb-a27c-457a-a128-3018208343ce
    If you claim both ESA and UC together the ESA will be deducted in full from any UC entitlement.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.