Desperate to meet up or looking for a local support group — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Desperate to meet up or looking for a local support group

Options
pinkkittY22
pinkkittY22 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Can anyone help with this please? 

Comments

• pinkkittY22
    Options
    So you guys have a Scope app too ?
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @pinkkittY22 and welcome to the community- It's a place for disabled people, their families, and carers, to network, chat and search for information and advice on things which matter to them :) 

What kind of support are you looking for? 

Have you asked your local authority about any community groups, they might have a list of organisations which can help. Sometimes community center's also offer support too. 

If we can help with anything, please let us know.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • pinkkittY22
    Options
    Alex I've tried as much as I possibly can but I'm stupidly lonely and I'm wondering if anyone can help me out of the house and I can meet people even an online group would be better than what I don't hsve here right now .
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for explaining @pinkkittY22 you are more than welcome to chat with other members here on the online community, here's a few of the best places to get started:
    • Recent discussions is where you'll find all the latest conversations our members are having
    • The categories page shows all the different topics for discussion
    • The virtual coffee lounge is a place to chat, get to know other members, and play games too
    Would you like to share any interests or hobbies with us? 

You've mentioned needing help to get out of the house, do you feel you have enough support to manage things day to day? You might like to look into self-referring for a needs assessment, if that would help. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,669 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    OP have you tried facebook for local support groups ? whilst this a very welcoming forum it's obviously national as opposed to local 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.