I won my tribunal and getting backpay.

AS192
AS192 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
edited November 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello all im new here although I've been reading the forum for a few days trying to gain answers to questions I had and most of them were answered through reading. 
I just want to let people know my journey to being awarded pip..

I applied 11th January 2022 filled in forms they sent out etc and sent them back off. I waited around 4-6 weeks for a telephone assessment (assessment clinics were still shut due to covid at the time) on how my disaility affects me which was straight forward and the assessor was polite. 
I recieved the outcome of my assessment in a letter around 8 weeks after that said I had been denied pip so I asked for a MR which also got denied so I taken it to tribunal which was a good few months wait. 
I recieved an email from tribunals and courts service on 31st oct saying a decision was made and I'd recieve the decision in a letter of which I recieved on 2nd Nov saying the original decision was set aside and I'm awarded standard rate for BOTH elements and I'll be getting back paid from my original claim date of 11th January which will be in my bank account on 11th nov.  I recieved a text on 8th nov to tell me I'd been awarded pip and I'd recieve a letter in 2 weeks. I am over the moon with the decision, after trying twice before and not having the mental strength to take it to tribunal previously...third time lucky ad they say. DONT give up fighting for your claim if you're entitled, you'll be rewarded in the end. 

I've also put an application in for severe disability premium of which I think I am entitled to as I live alone, no carer claim IR ESA. But not too sure on how long of a time frame that's going to be.

Thanks for everyone's time x

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,443 Championing
    Welcome to the community @as192 :) 

Thank you so much for sharing this! I'm glad that you were successful with your PIP tribunal. How are you feeling about it now you've had some time to process it? 

It's great to hear that reading through posts on the community was helpful to you. I'm sure that others will find it helpful to read your post in the future!
  • AS192
    Welcome to the community @as192 :) 

Thank you so much for sharing this! I'm glad that you were successful with your PIP tribunal. How are you feeling about it now you've had some time to process it? 

It's great to hear that reading through posts on the community was helpful to you. I'm sure that others will find it helpful to read your post in the future!
    I found the forum very helpful! The process overall was timely I just didn't let the stress of waiting get to me, easier said than done though... I was just patient and waited for communication from the dwp and tribunals and it came out in my favour luckily enough. I feel like I can just relax now! I'm over the moon 🙂
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    Thanks for sharing this positive feedback with us @AS192. It is really appreciated and lovely to hear. 

I can hear how it is easier said than done but it sounds like you did a really great job, well done. 

It is really positive to hear that it came out in your favour in the end. Enjoy relaxing now and we are also over the moon for you  :)
  • ChiChi
    ChiChi Community member Posts: 50 Connected
    I recieved an email from tribunals and courts service on 31st oct saying a decision was made and I'd recieve the decision in a letter of which I recieved on 2nd Nov saying the original decision was set aside and I'm awarded standard rate for BOTH elements and I'll be getting back paid from my original claim date of 11th January which will be in my bank account on 11th nov.

Did you attend in person or have video/telephone call for the hearing?
  • AS192
    I didn't attend the hearing, I struggle with getting out. I didn't offered telephone/video call for the hearing either 
  • ChiChi
    ChiChi Community member Posts: 50 Connected
    AS192 said:
    I didn't attend the hearing, I struggle with getting out. I didn't offered telephone/video call for the hearing either 
    So your hearing took place without you? They made a decision based on just the evidence from you?

I have a hearing soon this is why I am asking
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,491 Championing
    ChiChi said:
    AS192 said:
    So your hearing took place without you? They made a decision based on just the evidence from you?

The success rate for paper based hearings is extremely low at between 5-8% so i wouldn't advise you to take this option. You're much better off either in parson or video/phone hearing, this way the panel will be able to hear it from you in your own words exactly how your conditions affect you.
  • AS192
    ChiChi said:
    AS192 said:

Yes, but I am no expert. I would have done a video call if I was offered. So best to follow advice from the people who know more than me. Good luck with your claim though 🙂
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,906 Championing
    Hello @AS192

I was so pleased to read this. I'm so happy you were successful at Tribunal. 

How have you been? Have you heard anything about your application for severe disability? 
  • AS192
    Hello @AS192

I was so pleased to read this. I'm so happy you were successful at Tribunal. 

How have you been? Have you heard anything about your application for severe disability? 
    Thank you. Not too bad just plodding on how're you? I was also successful claiming SDP. And getting back dated from January which I should be getting next week apparently. I'm so happy 😊 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    You are welcome @AS192. It is the very least you deserve. We are really happy for you too.

You have mentioned being not too bad and just plodding on. Would you like to tell us more about what that looks like for you at the moment?

It sounds really positive that you were successful in claiming SDP and getting backdated from January. Hopefully, you will receive it soon.

Please feel free to let us know how it goes and if you need any support in the meantime. We are all here for you and listening to you.

Take care for now and we will look forward to, hopefully, hearing from you again soon  :)
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,906 Championing
    I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Years? I've been doing well thank you.

Glad you were successful in claiming SDP too, you must be over the moon it's now all sorted :) 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    Anntony, I don't follow your narrative. If you are able to scan and post the decision letter we may be able to make sense of it - if you do this please remove any identifying information such as your name, address and NI number.

• calcotti
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,491 Championing
    edited January 2023
    @anntony Calcotti has answered your question on this thread https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/99910/won-my-pip-tribuneral-last-week#latest
    you've been awarded standard mobility but no daily living.
  • calcotti
    @anntony Calcotti has answered your question on this thread https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/99910/won-my-pip-tribuneral-last-week#latest
    you've been awarded standard mobility but no daily living.
    Indeed as already advised earlier in this thread before OP posted the decision on this thread! Does get confusing if questions are posted across more than one thread (especially if already answered).