2nd pip appointment with healthcare professional

jojam
jojam Scope Member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi iam hoping someone can help. I applied for pip and went for my interview i got refused scoring 6 on one and 4 on another. So i sent on MR off about 3 wks ago. I have had a letter this morning saying i need to have an appointment with a heart care professional. Is this normal? I suffer really bad with anxiety and this letter has made it worse as i am worring. Thankyou

Comments

• jojam
    Sorry should say healthcare 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,087 Championing
    They don't usually ask you to attend another assessment for the MR. My advice would be to ring the number on the letter to ask them.
  • jojam
    @poppy123456 i will ring on Monday thankyou. My anxiety is sky high because of this. Especially when i have already had one appointment. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,443 Championing
    It's understandable that that'd make you feel quite anxious @jojam. Fingers crossed you'll be able to get to the bottom of it on Monday. 

How are you feeling today? 
  • jojam
    Hi @Tori_Scope. I cant stop thinking about it. I cant seem to find anyone else this has happened to. My timmy is in knots. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,925 Championing
    It sounds like you are having a really difficult time at the moment @jojam. I can hear how you can't stop thinking about it and are in knots. 

Is there anything, in particular, that might help things to feel more manageable for you at the moment? Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you.

I get the impression that you might benefit from finding someone else who this has happened to. I have not experienced this but I am hoping someone with experience can respond to you soon.

In the meantime, take care and we will look forward to hopefully hearing from you again soon  :)
  • jojam
    Hi @L_Volunteer, i came on here to see if anyone else had gone through this but it seems as no one has. I have been in my job for 20yr so all this is new to me. Iam going to ring tomorrow to see what they say. I have an appointment with talking change’s tomorrow that might help me calm down a bit. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Fingers crossed it's a mistake, or that they just wanted to check some information @jojam :) Is there anything you could do to help you to take your mind off of it tonight?
  • jojam
    Hi @tori. I am not to bad at the minute. But thankyou so much for asking. Hopefully i will get some answer’s tomorrow. 
  • Tori_Scope
    How did you get on yesterday @jojam? :) 
  • jojam
    Hi @Tori_Scope, i rang and they knew nothing about it. After some digging it has come from esa as they have been paying my stamp for 2 months as i no longer get sick pay. So they want me to go for an assessment to see if they will still pay it. Ive also just been diagnosed with arthritis so iam not sure if i should let pip know. I haven’t heard back from my MR yet. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,087 Championing
    jojam said:
    Hi @Tori_Scope, i rang and they knew nothing about it. After some digging it has come from esa as they have been paying my stamp for 2 months as i no longer get sick pay. So they want me to go for an assessment to see if they will still pay it. Ive also just been diagnosed with arthritis so iam not sure if i should let pip know. I haven’t heard back from my MR yet. 

PIP isn't about a diagnosis. If this is a new condition or a worsening of an existing condition then it will not be taken into consideration for the MR or Tribunal, if it gets that far.