Full wrist fusion — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Full wrist fusion

littlechef
littlechef Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
Hello Dear friends 
I'm now and looking for advice and any tips you can give me on wrist fusion surgery also if you can claim any benefits all the help I can get would be very helpful. 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Campaigns Posts: 12,487 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @littlechef :) Thanks for posting about this!

I haven't had wrist fusion surgery, so I can't offer any personal insight unfortunately. Has your doctor explained to you what you should expect during and after the surgery? 

Do you claim any benefits at the moment?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,858 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @littlechef - sorry, I haven't had this either, but have had my right wrist splinted for months due to an injury. I'm right handed, but learnt to write with my left (but only using capital letters), & found ways around doing most things.
    As far as a disability benefit like Personal Independence Payment (PIP) goes, you have to have had any disability for at least 3 months, & expect it to continue for a further 9 months. So, hoping your surgery goes well, you should expect instead to have fewer problems (& pain) following it, so PIP likely wouldn't apply. Whether you would qualify for other benefits would depend on your circumstances.
  • littlechef
    littlechef Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Waiting for a call for pip hopefully i manage to get some help with benits .
  • Alex_Scope
    Alex_Scope Posts: 7,562 Scope online community team
    Hi @littlechef, let us know how applying for PIP goes, and please ask if you need a hand with anything during your claim, we'll be happy to assist :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.