Disabled means — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled means

Options
Sparklebright63
Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
Hi there 

Disabled means to me I have been through so much trauma I was born very premature always had learning problems I am partially sighted deaf aswell always had vertigo balance problems diabetes arthritis  never been helped to improve my situation no support always had emotional problems cannot loose weight People just are horrible been used by lots of people I hate bring in a horrible body I uses to only be happy when I was thin but  because people have been so nasty I hate myself and cannot cope with Obestity and how I am now as to what the real me used to be like.

Sparklebright63

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on what being disabled means to you @Sparklebright63!

I'm sorry to hear that people have been horrible to you, and that you're feeling as though you hate yourself. No one should be used by others. It's important to try and surround yourself with positive people, who lift you up. However cheesy that sounds!

Are you receiving any support to help you manage your weight at the moment?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.