Still trying to find my way around is this the coffee lounge? Regards Pete 

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    Yep you found it.

Welcome :smile:
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,445 Championing
    It is indeed @peteskinner :) How are you doing today?
  • peteskinner
    peteskinner Community member Posts: 50 Connected
    Hi tori hi Mustang thank you yes not doing to bad thanks jus waiting for doctor to ring me, can't do much in garden today, a bit wet 
  • 66Mustang
    Glad to hear you are doing all right. Good luck with the doctor. It's raining here as well :neutral:
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,445 Championing
    Yep, it's raining here too @peteskinner :( Do you like to do a lot of gardening?
  • peteskinner
    Hi I used to but just keep it tidy now I spend most of my time with my budgies 
  • peteskinner
    Hi yes doctor went ok I've got Guildford  hospital on Monday eye appointment 
  • 66Mustang
    Good luck with that, I hope it goes well. I have an eye appointment tomorrow funnily enough but that’s just a routine opticians check up. :)
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    Good Afternoon @peteskinner and welcome to the coffee lounge, 
    I hope your well today ?
    I love my garden although it get's harder but it's still my go to place.
    Sounds like you have a passion with looking after Budgies, I don't know much about them, my own Dad always had one or two in a cage in his living room, Dad always let them fly about, they did get up to some funny things. How many have you got?
  • peteskinner
    Hi sue sorry I was watching snooker, very exciting,  I have 1 budgie in doors, he's name is Teddy, very friendly, he dose talk but still learning hes about 16 weeks old, I have another 50 odd in my aviary, I bred 30 this year, I belong to the UK budgerigar society, but I don't show them, I've got a nice garden but not really a gardener take care, Pete x 
  • peteskinner
    I had my second cataract done 6 weeks ago, but now I still have a problem with my other eye hopefully it will get sorted 
  • 66Mustang
    Hopefully you get your eye sorted Pete. I can imagine nothing worse than not being able to see.

I used to like snooker, have you ever played or do you just watch it?
  • peteskinner
    Just going to cook my dinner but will be around later if anybody would like to chat 
  • peteskinner
    I think years ago when I was at school my mate and I went to our local snooker Hall and played badly,  but I just watch now, yes your right to lose your sight would be awful 
  • peteskinner
    Hi tori how's your day been 
  • 66Mustang
    Yeah I used to play snooker as a kid as well. Not played as an adult. I don't have access to a table now, no room in my house for one and I don't have the confidence to go to the pub ha ha.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Hi there 

I can empathise with you I am severely vision impaired blind in one eye other not good I had cataract done in July was great for 2 weeks then got blurry again . The surgery caused swelling to back of eye which is now being treated 

Fingers crossed for your appt 
  • peteskinner
    Hi janer really sorry to hear about your vision difficulties,  I hope your eyes get sorted, I had one cataract done 5 years ago that turned out great but now I've just had the other one done my first cataract eye is now not so good, may be the first one needs doing again 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Hi again 

It shouldn't need doing again but see what hospital say as there is a condition that can develop post surgery called posteria capsular opification easily treated with laser 
  • peteskinner
    They think the problem is steroidal, I had this a few months ago my doctor cut my steroids down and things did improve, so have to see what they say on Monday