Hi

2»

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    Good luck talking to them @peteskinner. How are you feeling about everything at the moment?  :)
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,388 Championing
    Good luck with the hospital today @peteskinner
  • peteskinner
    peteskinner Community member Posts: 50 Connected
    Sorry promise I'll message you soon, Pete x 
  • peteskinner
    Hi its been a bizzy couple of days, hospital went ok, I went to specsavers today to sort out new glasses, the eye i had cataract done works well but the other one is struggling to keep up, pick up glasses on the 7th, its so cold in doors tonight, just going to have a bath then jump under the quilt and put a dvd on, hope you are well x 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Hi again 

Glad the optician went well and you have some new glasses ordered.

Good idea nice bath to get warm 
  • peteskinner
    Hi soooo cold last night but after hot bath I got in bed with a cup of tea and put film on things weren't as bad, I didn't actually get in bed with the tea  😳 
  • janer1967
    Lol I like to take a cup of tea to bed especially if I can't drop off to sleep 
  • peteskinner
    Just be careful where you stand the cup !!! 
  • janer1967
     :lol:  
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    How are you doing at the moment @peteskinner? It sounds like a busy but positive few days  :)
  • peteskinner
    Hi I am really suffering right now bad pains x 
  • SueHeath
    Good morning @peteskinner sorry to hear your in pain are you okay this morning?
  • peteskinner
    Hi no doctor wants me to go on diazepam to relax my body as its neurological pain, its bad x 
  • janer1967
    Sorry your in so much pain hope you find some solution soon 
  • SueHeath
    Bless you @peteskinner i have heard of people having these type of drugs to relax the muscles/nerve end etc. 
    how do you feel about trying it ?
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,905 Championing
    Hello @peteskinner

I'm so sorry to hear you have been in pain again. How are you feeling today? I saw you said your GP offered Diazepam. Have you come away to think about it and have another appointment? or waiting for the prescription and thinking of trying it?
  • peteskinner
    Yes I have used temazepam  before, yesterday I felt really bad I rang surgery to speak with my doctor, I told reception how bad I felt, I was put on the list for doctor to ring me, about 2 hours later I needed to use bathroom I struggled to get there, whilst in bathroom my fone rang, I was on the hallway floor I couldn't get up to get back into the lounge to answer my fone, it rang off by the time I got there, doctor left a message saying she would ring again, 2 hours later she rang, I told her how bad things are, that I'm having difficulties in moving around, being stuck on the floor, all she said was ill send a script for diazepam at boots I explained I couldn't get there and had no one to pick it up, she said couldn't my daughter pick it up, she lives nearly 40 miles away in Reading, which I told my doctor, I was hoping to get a home visit, I'm 69 and was struggling my sugary is half a mile away, this morning I feel a little better 
  • janer1967
    Boots will deliver meds if you can't get them picked up 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,905 Championing
    Oh @peteskinner , I'm sorry you've been having so much difficulty.

As Janer said Boots can deliver, so can Superdrug. If your local chemist / pharmacy delivers, you can ask your GP to send the prescription electronically. That's what I do with mine.

Hopefully the Diazepam works for you 🤞 
  • SueHeath
    Afternoon @peteskinner hope your getting better as the day goes on.