If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Tibik!

Options
Tibik
Tibik Community member Posts: 26 Connected
Hello there. 
I've been disabled since 2006 when the ignorance and arrogance of a doctor cost me a substantial aspect of my back's function, I have an absolutely wonderful assistance dog, a supportive hubby, but miss my life and freedom before disability. I had thought, pre-disability, that I was an insightful and respectful nurse who understood and knew how to assess the needs of people with disabilities... until I became disabled and realised that it is only the experience of becoming disabled that make it possible to understand. 

I also have autism, but it was never something I got help for: just kind of accepted I was the weird one. One of the great things about my assistance dog is that people like and accept dogs- and because I'm with her people seem to accept me too. 

I enjoy writing, painting, crafts, games... and sadly I must confess I am addicted to minecraft. (I did warn you I was the weird one. :)

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.