If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip assessment 0 points

Options
salty1212334
salty1212334 Community member Posts: 145 Courageous
Hi i scored 0 on my pip they say theres no evidence i take prescribed medication for pain i take amitryptiline for nerve pain and head aches even if they thought i took them for anxiety and depression that would still be points they say i can use cutlery cause i said my neighbour sometimes makes me food he makes me a sandwich i have anemia from poor diet as i cant cook they say theres no use of aids i had a appointment with my physio and missed appointment ive looked on the internet and theres aids for my feet i never new this as ive only just been diagnosed i no it dont go off diagnosis but i can rebook appointment with my physio and they can tell me what aids i need they also said i can mix with people i only do something i have to do i have vitamin d deficiency end of summer does that not show i dont go out ive new my neighbour 12 years he knocks my door once a week to make sure im alright do u think i should start all over instead of appealing i could add someone to call to help me like my sister who no's me and collect proper evidence i thought they would contact my doctor for that or can u not apply straight after being rejected

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You won’t score points purely because you take medication. 
    You won’t score points because of any diagnosis either.
    Points can be scored for aids, regardless of whether you use them or not. If an aid can reasonably be used then you can score points. 
    You can start a new claim at anytime but that’s not the answer here. Doing this and using the same evidence or filling out the form like you did previously will likely see another refusal. 
    The best way forward would be to challenge the decision, if you think enough points can be scored for an award. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • salty1212334
    Options
    You won’t score points purely because you take medication. 
    You won’t score points because of any diagnosis either.
    Points can be scored for aids, regardless of whether you use them or not. If an aid can reasonably be used then you can score points. 
    You can start a new claim at anytime but that’s not the answer here. Doing this and using the same evidence or filling out the form like you did previously will likely see another refusal. 
    The best way forward would be to challenge the decision, if you think enough points can be scored for an award. 
    i no u dont get points for medication but u do for what there for it says on my letter no evidence of prescribed medication for pain witch isn't true i no it don't go off diagnosis but i was going to see doctor about problem for over 5 years ive had about 15 blood tests i was going when i was at my mothers then stopped going and became really unwell then i finally went back after speaking to a health coach and got a diagnosis now i can get aids and physio my doctor booked physio straight away my lower 3 ribs move and  seize me up i was saying over the 2 years i was at my mums seeing the doctor it felt like something was going to snap in my ribs then eventually my cartiledge worn away now my ribs move all my doctor had to do was press my ribs and they was crunching out of place and my toes are twisting i walk on the side of my toes  what i need is a face to face assessment and they will see all this i even had help from a health coach to fill in my pip form i don't think she actually new what she was doing and i would have been better off filling form in without help my english is terrible as i missed 5 years of school when i first applied my head was all over the place with the medication i wasn't thinking straight thanks for link i will take a look very much appreciated 
  • salty1212334
    Options
    would having a different name with pip and doctors affect my medical record cause they say theres nothing on my medical record for prescribed medication there making out im lying i use a h in my name with doctor and without h for pip and dwp my bank is also without h but my birth certificate says with h i was always told my name had a h in it but when i got my birth certificate thats when i noticed
  • salty1212334
    edited November 2022
    Options
    The assessor also said i did not ask her to repeat herself i asked her to repeat herself multiple times on one of my posts on here not long after i had the assessment i said i had to keep asking her to repeat herself so thats another lie u can check my posts and i can upload screenshot of what she has put she seemed to get annoyed with me she was sighing a lot if i new it was going to be this bad with the lies i would have asked her to record it could i not use this as part of my evidence of her lies i did not have confirmation text from dwp to say they received report my comment about asking her to repeat herself is dated 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your English is purfect and i understand you without any issues.
    i no u dont get points for medication but u do for what there for it

This is another example of you not understanding the descriptors and what they mean. You don't score points for what the medication is for. You score points if you meet the descriptors the majority of the days over a 12 month period.
    Even with a face to face assessment there's no guarantee that you would be awarded if you started your claim again. I'm sorry but i don't see why you would do that.
    Your name will make no difference because they very rarely contact anyone for any evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent to support your claim.
    If you challenge the decision the best advice would be to put the report and the decision letter to one side and forget about them. Concentrate on the descriptors and where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why.
    Remember the assessment process isn't there for them to write what you said word for word. It's for them to gather more evidence to support your claim. The report is then written based on everything you said in your form, the extra evidence you sent and what you said during the assessment.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • salty1212334
    Options
    Your English is purfect and i understand you without any issues.
    i no u dont get points for medication but u do for what there for it

This is another example of you not understanding the descriptors and what they mean. You don't score points for what the medication is for. You score points if you meet the descriptors the majority of the days over a 12 month period.
    Even with a face to face assessment there's no guarantee that you would be awarded if you started your claim again. I'm sorry but i don't see why you would do that.
    Your name will make no difference because they very rarely contact anyone for any evidence, the onus is on you to make sure it's sent to support your claim.
    If you challenge the decision the best advice would be to put the report and the decision letter to one side and forget about them. Concentrate on the descriptors and where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why.
    Remember the assessment process isn't there for them to write what you said word for word. It's for them to gather more evidence to support your claim. The report is then written based on everything you said in your form, the extra evidence you sent and what you said during the assessment.

I no it dont go off medication but why would they put in report no prescribed medication for pain its not me saying it its them its on my letter and my english is good just my grammar apostrophes and full stops as i never learned it would me being malnourished not show i dont eat right it also says on pip form they contact medical professionals witch they musn't if u say so so your saying is pip are useless and dont do there job properly what about people who go off what the form says my friend applied not long ago and got rejected he has scolliosis he had a good job but hes employer got told he would have to lay him off as he was classed as a danger if something happened to him then he could be fined hes now been signed off for life and still got declined pip then someone else i no he gets top money over 1000pound a month and made my life hell for 2 years now we have cameras all over flats where i live i kept getting into fights with the junkies going to scrounge money off him as they would shout abuse at me because my uncle give him a kick in years ago for cheating with his wife that was before he was a junkie and ive also put up with my neighbour terrorising a woman he has up there for years i just want peace if i got pip i could go see my sister in reading and get away from it shes just had a boy and named him after me and ive never saw him but my family dont want to come near my flat cause they no about neighbours he had 40 pains of glass broke with a hammer by junkies its bad where i live i think anybody would be anxious i stand at my door contemplating going out or is there gonna be another fight ive not lived a normal life somethings always happening my dad was a sociopath and is spending 35 years in prison not many people no what its like being raised by a lunatic i told my healthcoach all this and everything thats happened it was the first i spoke to anyone about it and it was the hardest thing ive had to do she was supposed to sort mental health for me but never did also a pain clinic never done that neither all my healthcoach done was phone me for 5 mins when it was supposed to be 1 hour yet she would get paid for the hour she was only in it for the money not for my benefit i dont think i can speak to someone else now about it as it was to overwhelming ive always been different to other people i like to be alone ive spent the past 5 Christmasis and birthdays alone i get othered to my brothers or sisters but i dont go to many people for my head to cope with my mum told me i had been diagnosed as a child with autism i used to see psychiatrist but she stopped taking me as she had bipolar and was being terrorised by my dad he would have spent 50 years of his life in jail by the time hes finished hes sentence he was only in our life 8 years and they was the years of my life and if i have a face to face assessment they could see whats wrong with me and would more than likely help there making out im lying they could clearly see why i have problems my advisor has even changed appointments to phone call he also saw my hands after fighting my finger was like a sausage i told him i trapped it in something as i felt ashamed to tell him the truth but he new why as ive had problems in jobcentre before its not good fighting it makes me ill after cause of my problems
  • poppy123456
    Options
    In the form it says "we may contact the health professionals" it doesn't say they will contact them. They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence.
    We have lots of members here that applied for PIP and were refused, they did't challenge that decision and decide to reapply again in the future but this leads to another refusal.
    The best way forward is to challenge that decision, then if awarded at either MR or Tribunal (much more chance at Tribunal) then you will be owed all the money from the date you rang to start your claim.
    If you reapply, you will lose all that money and it will only be paid from the date of your 2nd claim.
  • salty1212334
    Options
    In the form it says "we may contact the health professionals" it doesn't say they will contact them. They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence.
    We have lots of members here that applied for PIP and were refused, they did't challenge that decision and decide to reapply again in the future but this leads to another refusal.
    The best way forward is to challenge that decision, then if awarded at either MR or Tribunal (much more chance at Tribunal) then you will be owed all the money from the date you rang to start your claim.
    If you reapply, you will lose all that money and it will only be paid from the date of your 2nd claim.
    I no it says they may not but it says dont pay for more information they may contact people on form i no its not off medication its pip whos saying theres no evidence for prescribed prescription for pain thats not true i assumed they would contact doctor obviously not the medication i take makes me lose balance ive fell in the bath when having a pee in middle of the night and woke with a big cut on my head from hitting it on tiles i can type all these thing but speaking on phone my head gets muddled so i forget to tell them this on phone i need to wright down all this when i remember the way how im seeing it is if u dont how pip works or if u cant understand the process u get declined from phone call thats just wrong in my eyes thats why i would prefer face to face assessment i dont care about extra money i was hoping to get pip then i was going to stop claiming universal credit im a angry person cause of everything and now security follow me makes me more rather than kicking off i would have stopped claiming universal credit thats the reason i asked about sanction cause im not going there anymore and wanted to no if i could live off that amount i dont care about electric or heating ive not had gas the 5 years ive lived here so thanks for information but im starting over simple as that money means nothing to me i just want to be left be so i will make that happen by not going to appointments u have taught me a lot so next time i can fill form better thanks for your help you have helped more than my health coach i will update with my next process as i think i can fill form in better now i never saw the link u sent me when looking around the internet 

• nasturtium
    nasturtium Community member Posts: 376 Pioneering
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hello salty1212334
    I would like to strongly advise you to get further help with your PIP Claim. Please put you postcode in the search box of this website here https://advicelocal.uk/welfare-benefits and click the GO button. It will show you local services that will help you to progress further with your claim. They might be disability services or Citizens Advice. If you cannot contact the Citizens Advice by Telephone then they should have a Email contact and then you can request that they telephone you or you can talk with them by email if you find that easier. I understand you had your "health coach" help you to fill out your form. It might be better to get advice and help from a welfare adviser from Citizens Advice or your local Disability Advice Center because they will know the benefits system and what PIP is about and maybe help you better.
    How to challenge a PIP award that has been reduced at Review https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/696285#Comment_696285
  • salty1212334
    Options
    Hello salty1212334
    I would like to strongly advise you to get further help with your PIP Claim. Please put you postcode in the search box of this website here https://advicelocal.uk/welfare-benefits and click the GO button. It will show you local services that will help you to progress further with your claim. They might be disability services or Citizens Advice. If you cannot contact the Citizens Advice by Telephone then they should have a Email contact and then you can request that they telephone you or you can talk with them by email if you find that easier. I understand you had your "health coach" help you to fill out your form. It might be better to get advice and help from a welfare adviser from Citizens Advice or your local Disability Advice Center because they will know the benefits system and what PIP is about and maybe help you better.
    Hi nasnurtium thanks for the advise i will take a look ive just slept for 5 hours my head feels a little more with it Thanks
  • poppy123456
    Options
    As you've now had some sleep maybe you've had time to consider to challenge the decision rather than start a new claim, which isn't always the best idea.
  • salty1212334
    Options
    As you've now had some sleep maybe you've had time to consider to challenge the decision rather than start a new claim, which isn't always the best idea.
    Hi poppy how would i go about doing this i can get more evidence for my claim and i can sort physio sorry for waffling and not listening earlier i only had 6 hours sleep in 2 days thanks
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • salty1212334
    Options
    I need advice do i phone doctor and get physio rebooked before mr as i think that will help i can ask physio what aids i can use to help me for my Heds and can my sister be a representative as she knows a lot about me and my autism and how it affects me i did not mention this on my assessment because i did not no what to say do u think this will go against me her partners sister has autism and has been awarded pip and my sister says shes exactly like me i lived with her and her partner for 6 years ive also lost my letter only the part with the reasons why but as poppy123456 says its better not to go to that
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You don't need to be having any treatment to be entitled to PIP, that's another classis copy and paste reason for refusal.
    You can have your sister to help you with both the MR and Tribunal. If it gets to Tribunal (most likely it will) you can have anyone you want to represent you but during your hearing you will need to speak for yourself. If there's an advice agency near you, you can ask them for advice and help going forward. Places like Welfare Rights and a low centre with represent you. See link to find out what advice agency is local to you. You will need to "choose a topic, welfare benefits" https://advicelocal.uk/
    When you write the letter for the MR you need to make sure you send it to the address on the decision letter.

• salty1212334
    Options
    You don't need to be having any treatment to be entitled to PIP, that's another classis copy and paste reason for refusal.
    You can have your sister to help you with both the MR and Tribunal. If it gets to Tribunal (most likely it will) you can have anyone you want to represent you but during your hearing you will need to speak for yourself. If there's an advice agency near you, you can ask them for advice and help going forward. Places like Welfare Rights and a low centre with represent you. See link to find out what advice agency is local to you. You will need to "choose a topic, welfare benefits" https://advicelocal.uk/
    When you write the letter for the MR you need to make sure you send it to the address on the decision letter.

Thankyou poppy123456 ive read through the link u posted before i see what u are saying about treatment its only for kidny dialasis and things like that not physio and so many hours at home treatment ive just spoke to my sister she said she will help she said her partners mother no's how pip descriptors works as she has just got pip for her daughter i am going tomorrow to sort it 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear your sister will help @salty1212334. It sounds really positive that you have a support network. 

Have you managed to go and sort it out yet? If so, I am just wondering if you would like to share a little more with us about how you have found this.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.