If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

L

Options
jemmzy83
jemmzy83 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
31/05 I declared a change in my health to UC. I also uploaded a fit note from the doctor on this date and it was accepted . I continued to hand in fit notes and then was advised that on the 3/9 that I was accepted for limited capability for work and work related activities. I was advised that the first payment of this will show in my December journal, I get my payments on the 2nd. The guy in the phone said I will be entitled to some back pay, is this correct do you think? Also following on from this decision, I have now been placed in the ESA support group and they said I will be entitled to some back pay too. It’s all very confusing and nobody ever reads my journal messages 😪 can someone help plz. .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,264 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For UC there's a full 3 month assessment period(AP) waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition, providing you sent a fit note continuously without any gaps.
    Based on the information you gave your waiting period will be June/July, July/Aug, Aug/Sept, LCWRA payable from AP Sept/Oct and first payment will be Nov 2nd. So they owe you 1 months LCWRA for Nov.
    For ESA the extra money is paid from th 14th week of your claim.
    The ESA will continue to be deducted in full from any UC entitlement.
    Any money owed will be paid separately to your usually amount.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.