If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Don't know where to find help.

Options
JamesWr1972
JamesWr1972 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I'm at a loss at where to find help for this problem, and the council wasn't bothered, so I'm hoping that you good people may have an idea.
I own a road mobility scooter, because of my illness, I find it extremely difficult to walk.
Living in Stroud, its just one big hill, so someone like me has no chance. 
Just one problem. 
I have nowhere to put it, where its dry. 
I can't put it round the back. Obviously it's too big for inside the house. So, it has to remain out the front. As a consequence, its getting soaked, and is at risk of being nicked.
Today it got so wet, that it packed up. So I couldn't get our daughter from school and that means a lot to me. I ended up using a heat gun, and managed to dry the electrics off. Then it burst back into life, but only a matter of time before it dies completely. 
What I need is either a big plastic storage unit, a lean-to or some shed. Problem is, I neither have the money, skill or breath to be able to build something like that.
So I have approached some charities and the council, but no luck.
If anyone can please help, or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. 
There are always possibilities. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi

You can buy covers for them mine stats outside. In the garden with a cover over it and it stays dry.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.