Hi, my name is Mmo1488! I have a question about living with my dad and his wife. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Mmo1488! I have a question about living with my dad and his wife.

Options
Mmo1488
Mmo1488 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello I have a question about living with my dad and his wife. My husband and I pay rent and that goes towards the power bill. She doesn’t want us here because my husband has three vehicles in the back on 5 acres and she thinks it’s a junkyard. Well it’s broken down his works every day and he’s just about done working and has will have time to fix it. Fix one of his cars and she wants call tow truck and she wants us to move out because it’s a junkyard and we’re disrespectful which we are not. My dad will not want us to move but she does. What do we do ? I am also on disability, so I have a limited income. I don’t know what to do or how to do whatever I need to do to stay here or I’m confused and afraid.

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Mmo1488

I'm so sorry, that sounds so frustrating. Since you posted yesterday, has anything else happened?

I have popped your post into our Housing and Independent Living section. In case you had any more questions, queries, or somebody would be able help with housing and being on a limited income and disability. 

There are a few questions I had when reading this. Can I ask if you generally have a good relationship with your dad's wife? I ask as I wonder if this is out of the blue. I also wonder if there is anyone you know with the space where the vehicles can be taken so that they couldn't continuously be referred to as an issue if your dad's wife still wants you to move out, it could reveal another reason?

You said your dad will not want you to move out, has he said that or said anything about it all? 

I can see you are new to the community, they really are a lovely bunch here, so if you need to vent, vent away :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Mmo1488
    Mmo1488 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks Hannah no she wants us to move out she’s psycho and is selfish and can only think about her and spending money on things like an $1800 swimming she’s used once this summer my dad has said he doesn’t want me to move out and the trucks will be moved once one is fixed is just awhole bunch stupid things with her I thought she had changed but I was totally wrong. Well I live in oregon so I don’t know if any one here particularly could help but thank you 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @Mmo1488. It is the very least you deserve. It sounds really difficult that you are experiencing this at the moment.

How safe and stable do you feel currently living where you live? We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you. You don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to.

Take care for now and we will look forward to, hopefully, hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.