I've been told I wont have an assessment for LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been told I wont have an assessment for LCWRA

Options
Markey
Markey Community member Posts: 16 Connected
Hi I hope someone can help, I'm confused, I've only recently applied for benefits (previously I was living on my savings) my claim started 26th Aug, I've had my PIP phone assessment last week, which seemed to go ok but I hadn't heard when my assessment might be for LCWRA (I sent in the form same time as PIP form) anyway I contacted them to find out and they said I wont be having one. I thought everyone had to have one ? they did say they had received additional info from my Doctor. Is not having an assessment likely to be good or bad news. I thought it was only terminal illness that didn't need an assessment. (I have COPD) Did anyone else have a similar experience and were told they wont have an assessment ? UC have just told me today to get another fit note as no decision has been made (my initial one was only for 3 months apparently that's the most allowed for first one) Sorry I Know I will probably find out soon but I am stressed and confused

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Yes sometimes tho it is rare they complete a paper based assessment based on the evidence you have submitted eg your form and any other supporting evidence 

In the main paper based are successful but not in every case 
  • Markey
    Options
    Thank you for reply, I guess I'll just have to wait and see although if they do refuse me I guess I'll have a good case to appeal because they didn't do the proper the assessment, the lady that did the PIP assessment actually told me that in her opinion I can't walk 20 mtrs so I'm hoping that went ok
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @Markey. It is the very least you deserve. 

How are you feeling about the wait at the moment? We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us. 

It sounds positive that if they do refuse you you'll have a good case to appeal because they didn't do the proper assessment. 

Hopefully, it went ok. I am wishing you the best of luck with this. Please feel free to let us know how it goes and if you need any support in the meantime. 

Take care for now and we will look forward to, hopefully, hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Markey
    Options
    I got my decision for LCWRA yesterday and this morning I got a text confirming I've been awarded PIP (although don't know how much yet, it says I'll get the details via letter) having read some of the horror stories I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, it appears my claim has been completed quite quickly considering I submitted my first fit note on 9th September it's only been 3 months and 1 week from start to finish
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news @Markey :)

How are you feeling now?
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Markey
    Options
    Just to update, the PIP news wasn't what I'd been expecting I was 2 points short for daily living and was only awarded the standard for mobility. I've put in my request for a reconsideration and included some stuff that I didn't have before so I'm hoping they might now say yes and I don't have to go through even more months of waiting and all the stress of an appeal 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,878 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Markey said:
    and included some stuff that I didn't have before
    Do you mean you've included evidence you didn't have previously or conditions you didn't previously have. If it's the latter then they won't take into consideration any worsening of condition.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Markey
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456 no, It was letter to my Doctor from a Respiratory Physiotherapist who had previously assessed me at the hospital after my Doctor referred me to take part in pulmonary rehabilitation clinic. It said because of my breathlessness and limited walking ability I wasn't well enough to take part so she was discharging me. I didn't have this letter before, so I'm hoping it will help

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hopefully so @Markey keep us up to date with how you get on :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.