PIP text message

bradelliott
bradelliott Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Morning all. I had my assessment over the phone 16 days ago. This morning I received a text message saying, “ We have not yet made a decision on your PIP claim. We will write to you when we have made a decision. You only need to contact us if your circumstances change.” 
Has anyone has this before? I thought we only got a text when they have made the decision 🤔 
Thanks in advance, Laura 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,491 Championing
    That's a standard text they send everyone that gives a mobile number.
  • bradelliott
    bradelliott Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Just for reference for anyone else waiting. Not sure how it compares but today I had a text saying I have been awarded PIP. After having one yesterday saying no decision yet. Just luck I suppose that it’s been pretty quick. 11 weeks from me first applying! I rang and was told what I have been awarded and that the back pay will be paid to me next Thursday on 15th. Then every 4 weeks on a Thursday. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    I am really happy for you @bradelliott. I can hear how that's probably a relief for you! 

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sure your experience will be invaluable for anyone experiencing anything similar  :)
  • ianone
    ianone Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    We have not yet made a decision on your PIP claim.got this message Thursday 08,011,22 
  • ianone
    ianone Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    How long on average do you wait for a decision if successful will it be a text back thanks everyone 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    ianone said:
    How long on average do you wait for a decision if successful will it be a text back thanks everyone 
    Decision takes up to 12 weeks from receipt of the assessment report by DWP.
  • poppy123456
    ianone said:
    We have not yet made a decision on your PIP claim.got this message Thursday 08,011,22 
    That's a standard message sent to everyone that gives a mobile number.

• heidialex2022
    heidialex2022 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    I have received this messages today. I know Brad got his award the next day how long roughly does it usually take for the decision. Also if you get this text message is it usually a good sign? My anxiety has been through the roof since I’ve had my assesment
  • poppy123456
    I have received this messages today. I know Brad got his award the next day how long roughly does it usually take for the decision. Also if you get this text message is it usually a good sign? My anxiety has been through the roof since I’ve had my assesment

It's a standard text and is no indication of anything. It means what it says. Answered on your thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/101339/dwp-text-message#latest