Switching Suppliers - Government Support? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Switching Suppliers - Government Support?

Luchia
Luchia Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
Hi everyone 

after been messed around constantly with British Gas we have decided to change to Octopus Energy which takes affect tomorrow(9th) but I wanted to ask will we still get the £66-67 monthly government payment?
I had the last payment from British Gas on the 17th of November so no idea how it will work this time as my final payment will be made to British Gas tomorrow(standard monthly payment) and then Octopus Energy take over.

I’ve never changed suppliers before so this is all new to me but how BG has treated us is absolutely shocking.
They told us we can’t go on the vulnerable list as “the list is full” but Octopus said that isn’t how it works as put me on the list immediately.

would be great if someone could help explain how it all work 

thanks and have a lovely day 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,345 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm with Octopus and have been for over 4 years and i have to say they are the best. With the energy grant of £67 from now, Octopus reduce your monthly DD if this is how you pay and then they add the £67 to your energy account. Mine has always been added on the 1st of each month. I would think that yours would continue to be paid by Octopus.
    If you want to know for sure you can always email them and they will reply usually within a few days, you can email them on [email protected] once you've switched to them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.