Housing Association Problem — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing Association Problem

Options
Emma52
Emma52 Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
In October 2022 I reported to South Essex Homes Housing Association that my lounge ceiling was starting to fall down in an area below the room where their worker dropped a boiler. Also that there were several cracks and a light fitting rose coming away since the plumbing problems which started in 2001. They were supposed to come out today for which I waited patiently but they didn't come. I phoned and they had changed the appointment without telling me to next Wednesday 8am.  I will be calling them on Monday as I'm not capable of walking let alone getting down 2 flights of stairs to let them in at that time due to medication. I feel they are delaying doing anything to resolve this issue. Does anyone else have this with their landlord/council? Alternatively does anyone have any advice on how to get repairs done by their housing association? 

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @emma52

I'm so sorry they have been shuffling you around with very poor communication. If I was in your position I would write an email to the Housing Association and 'cc' in your local MP. Alternatively, speaking to your local MP or attending one of their surgery days may put you in touch with someone who could help you with getting the repairs done on your home. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.