If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Easy target for scammers

Options
Toffee2022
Toffee2022 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
Hi hope every one okay. Today has been awful was selling my phone for extra money for Christmas.guy came round 3.30 pm was arranged. He checked phone which was selling for £550 I said I would take £525 . Did a bank transfer from his metro bank to my NatWest.Keft before payment showed up. It didn't show up I feel so stupid and embarrassed was home alone an easy target when saw ring door bell footage he had his head down with a cap on. When he left black car waiting outside he got in passenger side. I phoned 92 . They was no help. How can people do this . I was in such a state  and so upset. Very angry as Christmas is now ruined. I ended up more cuts as been self harming had stopped but this made me do it again. I phoned police the guy spoke to was lovely he spoke to me on phone till police officers and paramedics arrived on my door step. 2 police officers a mental health nurse and 2 paramedics . I felt so ashamed that they had come out to me they were brilliant. My son was called to come over and keep eye on me.  Scammers are getting more clever they don't care who they scam. Please be careful everyone stay safe and hope you and your families have a great Christmas and a happy new year 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,489 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Toffee2022 sorry this happened to you. This scam has been going around for awhile now in my local area, people were flagging it up on selling sites. 
     Hopefully police track him down. Got to be so careful, I mean all of us. If its not emails and texts it people doing that 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,135 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When selling things like this and people come to your house to collect the item, i never accept anything but cash. No cash, no item. I've sold quite a few things on facebook marketplace in the last few months for myself and my daughter and yes the scammers do try it on.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Really sorry this happened to you and fully understand your upset 

Don't worry about emergency services coming out that's what they are there for to ensure you are safe 

This sort of stuff really annoys me that other people can just scam you out of money and possessions 
  • Toffee2022
    Options
    Hi I know I did right thing calling police. It a bit of a shock when open door and have 5 people stoos there. My husband was at work so got my son come over. I was a right mess when they showed up but they helped me and calmed me down. Talking helped.i have to contact nurse this morning to go have dressings changed also need speak to doctor.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this @Toffee2022 hope your feeling bit better this morning.
    I know what i'd like to call these scumbags but i'm supposed to be a Lady, please take care and believe in KARMA x
  • Toffee2022
    Options
    I'm doing okay my care lady just been had wash hair wash and got me dressed. I feel ashamed that this happened to me. I believe in karma.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,884 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry this had happened to you. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.