Polycythemia Vera (blood cancer) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Polycythemia Vera (blood cancer)

Options
MrsP05
MrsP05 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am really struggling with finding employment that is suitable for me. I have limited mobility and constantly in pain and fatigued. I need to find a job where I can work from home constantly. I don’t know what to do and where to look. 
Please can someone give me advice on this?

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @MrsP05

I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult time with your health and finding work. 

With job websites, putting in 'Home Based' or 'Remote' for the location will help narrow down, but some jobs are hybrid, meaning they want you at home and in the office. So make sure to read the location part of the job description, incase it is hybrid and as you said, that wouldn't be suitable. 

May I ask, are you on any benefits or have a work coach at all? They will have a list of disability confident employers and they may have adjustments, like working the role from home available that they don't actively advertise. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.