Hi, I'm Sammy2018! Am I entitled to LCWRA arrears?

Sammy2018
Sammy2018 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited December 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I need some advise I started to handing  in sik notes from Jan 2022 and in nov 22 got rewarded lcwra I got my first payment in dec 22 am I entitled to back pay I had my assessment in november I'm also on Uc 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,145 Championing
    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note. Providing you continued to send fit notes without any gaps up until the decision was made.
    Without know exactly what date you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note it's impossible to tell you when it's paid from.
    Based on the information you gave it will be either May or June.
  • Sammy2018
    26th Jan 2022 first sik note was handed in and has been continuous since 
  • poppy123456
    Sorry also what date is your assessment periods each month or what date do you usually receive your money? 
  • Sammy2018
    I get paid on 17th every month 
  • poppy123456
    That means your waiting period will be Feb to May... LCWRA starts from assessment period May 11th to June 10th and first payment would be June 17th.
    Any money owed will be paid separately to your usually monthly money and it often takes a few weeks, sometimes longer to recalculate your past statements to work out how much is owed. Once this is done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much is owed and it will then be paid into your bank.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,715 Championing
    Hi @Sammy2018 and a big warm welcome to our community.

Has Poppy's answer helped clear in your mind what is happening with your LCWRA arrears? Please let us know if there's anything you're still confused over.

Also, just to let you know - I've moved your thread to our Universal Credit category and amended the title to reflect your question. We're here 24/7 if you ever need any support.

Have a lovely Christmas  :)
  • Sammy2018
    Thankyou so much for your help x
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,925 Championing
    You are welcome @Sammy2018. It is the very least you deserve.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
  • Sammy2018
    One more thing as this is all new to me and sorry for keep asking questions but do they get in touch with you about any back pay or will they get in touch with me as I've heard people don't get it even tho they are entitled thankyou 
  • poppy123456
    They need to recalculate your past statements first to work out how much you should have been paid against what you have been paid. You will then have a letter onto your journal telling you how much they owe you and then it will be paid into your bank. It may take longer than usual because of the Christmas closing days.
    If you don't receive any letter within the next week then leave a message on your journal under the payment section and ask about the money they owe you.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,005 Championing
    When they recalculate you entitlement new statements for earlier months will be posted on your journal. These will replace the existing statements. If you want copies you should download them now.