Grief & bereavement of a parent at Christmas โ€” Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Grief & bereavement of a parent at Christmas

Options
Puja
Puja Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
Hi ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿฝย 
Does anyone have any tips on navigating the bereavement and grief of a parent at Christmas?
ย And how to deal with family who might not understand?

(I am neurodivergent as well as physical and mental health conditions too.)
thank you xxย 
My Pronouns are (She/Her & They/Them)

I have lived experience of ND conditions, chronic pain, mental health & well-being, PIP, ESA, employment and benefits.ย 

๐Ÿ˜Š Why not fundraise for SCOPE for free while you shop online ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿปย ๐Ÿ’ท๐Ÿ’ธย ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ’ป ๐Ÿ“ฑ๐Ÿ›’ ๐Ÿ›๏ธ ๐Ÿ“ฆย 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,670 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Christmas has the ability to magnify grief and if I'm honest I have no magic solution for making it better.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming ๐Ÿ’ก

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Puja thanks for reaching out about this, I hope the community can help support you. While I can't relate directly to losing a parent, I know that this time of year is difficult one for many people, and that you're not alone in this.

One organisation with a team trained to help is Cruse bereavement support, if you think it might be helpful, I'd encourage you to take a look or get in touch :)ย 

As woodbine mentioned, there's no magic solution, but maybe you can find some small things which work for you. Teddy's suggestion of taking breaks when you need them is a great one, Christmas can be overwhelming, and there's no shame in asking for some personal space and time for yourself.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing?ย Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback?ย Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.