Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is Chrissie09! I'm concerned re my water bill

Options
Chrissie09
Chrissie09 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi,my name is Chrissie,I've just joined as I'm concerned re my water bill I received today and I'm worried as it's over£500 I usually pay via my benefits but I start my pension in January.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @Chrissie09 and thanks for reaching out, I'm sorry to hear about the increase in your water bill, it's something a lot of our members are worried about at the moment.

Have you contacted your service provider about your concerns? And can I ask if you're on the Priority Services Register? If you're not sure what that is, you can read more on Scope's website. If you're eligible, it's free to sign up and receive extra help. 

Scope also has information on how you can get help and support with your water bills.

I'd certainly encourage you to contact our Disability Energy Support service to see if we can help further, although the team are quite busy at the moment, so please bear that in mind. 

Let us know if we can help with anything else in the meantime :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ada said:
    I am sorry I can’t help you. I can appreciate this is incredibly worrying. You will get good advice from the Scope folk. Inc the amazing @poppy123456
    Poppy doesn't like being tagged. If she is able to advise and chooses to do so then she will.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Chrissie09. Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you at the moment?

Thanks for already finding the courage to reach out to us. I appreciate how much courage it can take to reach out, especially when you are new and finding things difficult. 

I can really hear how you are feeling concerned and worried about your water bill. I can see our wonderful community members have already responded to you though.

Do you feel these responses have provided you with the support you were looking for? Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you.

We are all here for you and listening to you. You don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to.

Take care for now and we will look forward to, hopefully, hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Chrissie09
    Chrissie09 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for the responses I'm not very good with Technology so I might be slow answering.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's absolutely fine @Chrissie09. Take your time and let us know if we can do anything to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Puja
    Puja Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    Hi,my name is Chrissie,I've just joined as I'm concerned re my water bill I received today and I'm worried as it's over£500 I usually pay via my benefits but I start my pension in January.
    Hiya @Chrissie09 welcome
    you asked a very helpful bunch 🙂 

i’d say the best place for info on water bill is the link Posted above by @Alex_Scope  https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/water-bills/

but do check out the others mentioned too and maybe check you’re receiving all the benefits your entitled too as well? 

Sorry for all the links 🙈

hope its not too overwhelming
    and please do take your time to look through them all 
    and feel free to ask if you have any more questions 
    take care ☺️ 
    My Pronouns are (She/Her & They/Them)

I have lived experience of ND conditions, chronic pain, mental health & well-being, PIP, ESA, employment and benefits. 

😊 Why not fundraise for SCOPE for free while you shop online 💜💛 🎅🏻 💷💸 🍯💻 📱🛒 🛍️ 📦 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @Chrissie09 welcome to the group.
    Don't worry about the tech i'm the worlds worst ha ha, just have a play, you'l soon find your way round.
    Any problems just ask, someone is bound to be on line to help you.
    I hope you get your water bill sorted, you've got lots of advice to work with.
    Look forward to hearing how you get on. Enjoy the forum.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.