I've just moved into my house, and with the rising cost of living I just simply can't afford it — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've just moved into my house, and with the rising cost of living I just simply can't afford it

Options
Minniemouse724
Minniemouse724 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have just moved in to my house after spending 15 years in a mental health hospital and with rising energy bills and the cost of living I just simply can’t afford it and I was wondering if you could help me 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Minniemouse724 :) Thank you for joining us, and for telling us about your situation.

Many people are struggling with the rising cost of living, and have been left wondering about how they can possible make ends meet. I know that doesn't take the problem away, but I hope that it helps you to feel a little less alone. 

Would you be able to tell us a little more about your current financial situation, such as whether you claim any benefits, or work? This may help us to give you the most relevant advice we can.

We also have a Disability Energy Support service, who you might like to get in touch with.

As you've mentioned spending some time receiving treatment for mental illness, I just wanted to check in with you to see how your mental health is at the moment? Do you have all of the support you need to help you through this challenging time?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Community_Scope
    Community_Scope Posts: 989 Scope online community team
    Options

Hello @amyjones329

We just want to let you know we’ve edited your comment because it contained an advertising link. For more information about why we removed this, please consider our online community house rules.

All the best,

Cher

Online community team

• Stellar
    Stellar Community member Posts: 131 Pioneering
    Options
    first thing you need to do is go to your local council's housing department as well as other local services for things like food bank referrals, discretionary housing paryments, and other help to avoid you facing homelessness. additionally, the mental health hospital should have helped you with budgeting and finding an affordable place to live, as well as other ways to help you adjust back to society. they have let you down especially given you were locked up for so long.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @amyjones329 you gave already been told advertising isn't allowed on this site so why try again 

I have reported your comment 
  • Stellar
    Stellar Community member Posts: 131 Pioneering
    Options
    I have just moved in to my house after spending 15 years in a mental health hospital and with rising energy bills and the cost of living I just simply can’t afford it and I was wondering if you could help me 

I would recommend [redacted], the solar panel installation and grant providers in UK. Approach them for grants or solar panel installation that helps you in reducing the rising electric bill..
    lol maybe consider that OP can't even afford to live? so things like paying thousands for solar panels (even after grants, because said grants are paltry) is out of the question.

also landlords are refusing the installations even if they're free, cause that kind of behaviour is typical for them.
  • Fat_Jon
    Fat_Jon Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    Stellar said:

I would recommend [redacted], the solar panel installation and grant providers in UK. Approach them for grants or solar panel installation that helps you in reducing the rising electric bill..
    lol maybe consider that OP can't even afford to live? so things like paying thousands for solar panels (even after grants, because said grants are paltry) is out of the question.

also landlords are refusing the installations even if they're free, cause that kind of behaviour is typical for them.
    Sadly, in this day and age, the greedy pursuit of maximum profits over-rides all consideration of public sympathy. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.