Hi, my name is Nicholas — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Nicholas

Options
Myworld
Myworld Community member Posts: 19 Listener
Hello to all I’m please to be part of this community as I feel I have a great space to talk without being ignored which seems to happen a lot, I’m starting to think it’s a form of abuse as it continues to happen. 

I’m in need of emergency help can someone please help I have exhausted all help with me energy supplier, I have exhausted all help with me local authority and local welfare provision, I have also exhausted all help with Citizens advice and also National Debt line.

I am disabled with a large amount of health issues I have a shortfall in my rent of £225 which I need to find every month in turn this leaves me short of money to live on and stay warm so I’m always running out of electricity and gas which leaves me more affected and unable to Wash myself. I don’t no where to turn and don’t have anywhere to turn I’m on emergency credit with both electricity and gas which has under £1 on each, can you please assist or point me in the direction of somewhere I may can get assistance from please 🙏 thank you for listening 

kind Regards 

Nicholas
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,605 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    With your rent shortfall are you claiming all the benefits you’re entitled to? Are you privately renting? Could you afford that shortfall of rent when you first moved into the property? Sorry for all the questions.
    For your electric, you can contact your energy supplier who should be able to give you some credit but you will need to repay that back.
    Some food banks also give vouchers for energy. There’s some information here https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/get-help-paying-your-bills/you-cant-afford-to-top-up-your-prepayment-meter/
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to our great group @Myworld i'm so sorry to hear of all your money worries, you are lucky that the group have Poppy by our side, her advice is great and up to date so please listen/react to what she advises. 
    Take care and good luck i hope you get sorted soon.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Myworld. Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you at the moment?

Thanks for already finding the courage to reach out to us. I appreciate how much courage it can take to reach out, especially when you are new and finding things difficult. 

As you can see, we won't ignore you! At least not intentionally. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you.

We are all here for you and listening to you. You don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to.

Take care for now and we will look forward to, hopefully, hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Myworld and welcome, thanks for reaching out here and I hope we can help to support you.

I just wanted to let you know I've sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk to see how we can help, so let me know if you haven't received it.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.